Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

For Badgers: Liverpool FC 22/23

I'm banking the entire season being a 23 game winning run post World Cup if I'm honest

On second read (ie on the Beeb), it's 'investment' as opposed to an out right buy, for the time being anyway.

Good away win today.
Weird to have the hews tonight we're signing Cody Gakpo. Decent WC for the lad but I don't think it's forwards we need right now...

God I hope Nuñez works out where the goal is soon. Hopefully it'll be one of those situations where he gets one any old how and that opens the floodgates.

Still. A win in a pretty open game. We haven't had a bad Xmas. :)

Faes hat-trick? :D
Took this screenshot on Saturday after his second goal, looks like that fan who whipped out his camera to capture the player jumping into the crowd. Both goals were class, proper creative the first one, goalkeeper had no chance.

fan.png

People are saying we need midfielders and should solve the problem. But if two or three midfielders are out of contract in the summer, and no bids are offered you keep them until the summer surely? Maybe you might say they should have seen that coming. You can't add more midfielders and cut high wage players out because of squad rules.

I'm worried the problem is deeper than which players are in the squad, added to the more obvious problem of Mane having not been replaced properly (almost impossible to replace tbf but I don't think anyone thought his leaving would be quite so problematic).

I think Jurgen has moved too far from the heavy metal football (that was initially exciting but utterly unpredictable then for three seasons devastatingly effective) to a more patient style with everything going through Thiago who while incredibly talented is far from dynamic and slows us down, negating that smash and grab counter attacking stuff that blew teams away a couple of years ago. Wijnaldum is as big a loss as Mane imo. We need to go big on Bellingham.

I think Jurgen has moved too far from the heavy metal football (that was initially exciting but utterly unpredictable then for three seasons devastatingly effective) to a more patient style with everything going through Thiago who while incredibly talented is far from dynamic and slows us down, negating that smash and grab counter attacking stuff that blew teams away a couple of years ago. Wijnaldum is as big a loss as Mane imo. We need to go big on Bellingham.

I think there's a sort of logical tactical progression there. Liverpool for a while absolutely perfected that midfield turnover and quick break, but a lot of teams responded by dropping really deep. Bringing in a player like Thiago makes sense to counter that but you lose a bit of that dynamism with that and the workload on the other midfielders is even more intense. They tire a bit and suddenly teams realise Liverpool can be got at. It's a hard puzzle to solve - it needed a peak career Viera type really but those aren't readily available.

Suspect you're years too late on Bellingham tbh. He's a nailed on world superstar for the next decade, everyone will be after him. Real are already steadily pushing it through their media outlets and you can guarantee Man City, PSG and Bayern will be interested as well.

Back
Top Bottom