Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 22/23

Here we go :facepalm:

I'm with Klopp on this, give us all a shout when you find any dates when you can fit all this in. And good luck accomodating fans of all those bitter regional rivalries without landing a huge police bill.

They'd play it in Shanghai if it were to ever happen.

That was some reception for Costa.
Nice win too in what looked a bit of an expiremental line up

Hard to believe we had Sanchez at FGR. He didn't particularly stand out as destined for club and international success either.

Hard to believe we had Sanchez at FGR. He didn't particularly stand out as destined for club and international success either.

Gallagher's header was a dead cert goal any other day. I hope you got a decent fee for Sanchez, with add ons for when/if he moves on.

Joao Felix anyone? 11m for a 6 month loan with no option to buy? Bonkers.

Mount, Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic and Ziyech all are at their best playing as support to a genuine centre forward; the exact same position that Felix plays. Meanwhile, to play as that centre forward they have... no-one. Aubameyang is beyond crap, Broja is long term injured.

An overpaid, underperforming ego surviving purely on reputation with little output on the pitch. Welcome to Chelsea :D

Joao Felix anyone? 11m for a 6 month loan with no option to buy? Bonkers.

Mount, Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic and Ziyech all are at their best playing as support to a genuine centre forward; the exact same position that Felix plays. Meanwhile, to play as that centre forward they have... no-one. Aubameyang is beyond crap, Broja is long term injured.

An overpaid, underperforming ego surviving purely on reputation with little output on the pitch. Welcome to Chelsea :D
Which ‘genuine centre forward ‘ do you have in mind that Jota has played with in that position? Morata ? Jonas?

Which ‘genuine centre forward ‘ do you have in mind that Jota has played with in that position? Morata ? Jonas?
Portugal had Felix and Bruno Fernandes playing off Ronaldo (then the young lad who scored a hattrick at the world cup, but the formation stayed the same)

Portugal had Felix and Bruno Fernandes playing off Ronaldo (then the young lad who scored a hattrick at the world cup, but the formation stayed the same)
I’m not saying he cannot play in that position , even though he actually played out on the left in those games . However
the last time we played , or tried to play, with an out and out centre forward was last season with Lukaku and as you know that was a demoralising experience .Potter tends to tinker change formation and personnel . Havertz can play up top , Fofana the young kid we just bought can , Borja is out for the rest of the season .

I’m glad Felix is here tbh I liked him at Benfica and he reminds me a bit of Oscar . We have so many injuries and injury prone players an experienced creative reinforcement is worth a gamble .

After the sanctions , new owners , new manager recruiting a completely new back room infrastructure hopefully we will move to a better recruitment strategy .

I’m not saying he cannot play in that position , even though he actually played out on the left in those games . However
the last time we played , or tried to play, with an out and out centre forward was last season with Lukaku and as you know that was a demoralising experience .Potter tends to tinker change formation and personnel . Havertz can play up top , Fofana the young kid we just bought can , Borja is out for the rest of the season .

I’m glad Felix is here tbh I liked him at Benfica and he reminds me a bit of Oscar . We have so many injuries and injury prone players an experienced creative reinforcement is worth a gamble .

After the sanctions , new owners , new manager recruiting a completely new back room infrastructure hopefully we will move to a better recruitment strategy .
Not saying there's no room for Felix - could be Havertz as CF, Felix 10, Sterling left, Ziyech right, Mount in midfield. But every single one of them operates in similar spaces, all a bit similar and no-one to score on a regular basis.

Not saying there's no room for Felix - could be Havertz as CF, Felix 10, Sterling left, Ziyech right, Mount in midfield. But every single one of them operates in similar spaces, all a bit similar and no-one to score on a regular basis.
You'd be correct to say that they can all operate in similar spaces but that flexibility is a bonus tbh. With five subs and a manager that likes to change formation and tinker that's fine . We won the CL with three of those in the line up if you remember.
I think it's up to a number of players to show whether or not they should stay and for Potter to decide who he wants to keep and sell. Ziyech and Pullisic are the obvious ones who may not be there next season. Striker wise we will have Nkunku next season and there are reports we are interested in Thuram . You'll also be aware that we have very much relied on two wing backs for assists and creating chances over the past two years and sadly the two best in that position have had a series of long term injuries. We bought Curcella ( paying well over the top) for cover on the left but we didn't find suitable cover for James on the right.

Hahahaha "eight year deals" hahaha
I dont know whether its the owners following contract length from American baseball or a very clever way of dealing with FFP. Anyway, after the shopping spree comes the sales , Jorginho gone for a discount price and if we hadn't fucked up the paperwork Zyech would have been out on loan with a to buy clause.

I dont know whether its the owners following contract length from American baseball or a very clever way of dealing with FFP. Anyway, after the shopping spree comes the sales , Jorginho gone for a discount price and if we hadn't fucked up the paperwork Zyech would have been out on loan with a to buy clause.
Jorginho went for what £12 million or something? Hardly a dent. The 8 year deals are absolutely a way of getting round the rules. Let's hope these big money signings all come off, hate you to be left with an unhappy player on the bench who can't move anywhere as nobody else will pay his huge wages for checks notes 8 years.

Sorry, I've gone again.

Jorginho went for what £12 million or something? Hardly a dent. The 8 year deals are absolutely a way of getting round the rules. Let's hope these big money signings all come off, hate you to be left with an unhappy player on the bench who can't move anywhere as nobody else will pay his huge wages for checks notes 8 years.

Sorry, I've gone again.

I think there are all sorts of risks with this strategy tbh not least us that it requires us to keep earning income through player sales. The club has a very successful youth academy that does generate money through sales ( one of the best in the world) income from the youth team is pure profit for FFP. The new regime have also been buying up a lot of young top talent which may be for first team or sale however there is also risk in that. We have little or, in my opinion, no chance of European football next year so that is another issue to consider and the inevitable fire sale is going to focus on players whose value has fallen and whose wages are high. So yes lots of issues.

One bright thing for you is that Rice will probably go to Arsenal not us.

" In the January transfer window alone, the top clubs splurged £815mn on new players, double the previous record. Chelsea spent more than all the top tier clubs in Italy, Spain, Germany and France combined. Jealous European rivals have accused the Premier League of “doping” the transfer markets.""

Back
Top Bottom