Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 22/23

I like Potter but he needs a couple of years to coach and develop a team . We are talking about Chelsea here .
Poch - yes but in what way is he better than Tuchel?

Telegraph also flag up Zidane and surprisingly Schmidt at Benfica ( although the latter tbf has in a short time done well at Benfica )

Don't wish this on us, we've suffered enough.

Crazy decision after letting him spend so much building a squad up.
It’s a bit confusing isn’t it ?
He supposedly had to have a bigger hand ( which he apparently didn’t like ) in transfers due to Marina and then Petra going . Boehy obviously wanted to make a statement Re transfers but must have had at least one agent doing the work . With the exception of a DM I thought the transfer strategy was ok.

There had been rumours of complaints ( again from players agents / Pulisic’s father ) about playing time and being played out of position . It was suggested that Boehy wanted to keep Gilmour but let Tuchel sell him as he was backing Tuchel. There was a conscious decision to get rid of players deemed surplus .

There was some sort of announcement that Tuchel would be getting an extension of his contract .

Whilst we haven’t set the world on fire , performance itself can’t be the only issue .

It’s a bit confusing isn’t it ?
He supposedly had to have a bigger hand ( which he apparently didn’t like ) in transfers due to Marina and then Petra going . Boehy obviously wanted to make a statement Re transfers but must have had at least one agent doing the work . With the exception of a DM I thought the transfer strategy was ok.

There had been rumours of complaints ( again from players agents / Pulisic’s father ) about playing time and being played out of position . It was suggested that Boehy wanted to keep Gilmour but let Tuchel sell him as he was backing Tuchel. There was a conscious decision to get rid of players deemed surplus .

There was some sort of announcement that Tuchel would be getting an extension of his contract .

Whilst we haven’t set the world on fire , performance itself can’t be the only issue .

Yeah that's what I'm thinking here. Maybe Todd and his crew realised that TT wasn't the yes man they wanted to run their soccerball enterprise.

Bizarre decision.

Write off huge amounts of money invested in Lukaku, because he didn't fit Tuchel's style of play. Invest heavily in a 34yr old striker with an overinflated ego and an attitude problem; that's not an issue because he has a good working relationship with Tuchel from Dortmund.

Graham Potter would be a great replacement, but I'm not convinced he'd take the job.

Not a Chelsea fan but yeh, that's an insane decision. He seemed a thoroughly unlikable person but his results were far better than most. Who's gonna come in next then?

Bizarre decision.

Write off huge amounts of money invested in Lukaku, because he didn't fit Tuchel's style of play. Invest heavily in a 34yr old striker with an overinflated ego and an attitude problem; that's not an issue because he has a good working relationship with Tuchel from Dortmund.

Graham Potter would be a great replacement, but I'm not convinced he'd take the job.
Lukaku was a bad signing for any club that won’t build a style of play around Lukaku tbh .
Aubameyang is a short term investment, he fits regardless of whether he played under Tuchel and unless Tuchel was sacked because of the last two games he was clearly brought in with the decision that Tuchel was going in any case . We only have Broja as an out and out striker in the first team squad with Havertz playing out of position when he’s a striker .

Gave the impression of being a difficult, curmudgeonly bastard and if the owners didn't like him much no surprise. Dinamo Zagreb defeat gave them a good excuse. If Graham Potter comes Billy Gilmour might just feel unloved. Gilmour is a really gifted player and Tuchel one of the few who didn't rate him for whatever reason. If Potter comes bet you Chelsea try to get him back sharpish, and the boy becomes a pub quiz question as a result.

Saw Gilmour a couple of times at Norwich - not a fan but friends always have spares going - really struggled to see what the fuss was about, useless loan for both him and NCFC tbh.

I'm assuming many of the biggest clubs in Europe will be lining up to get Tuchel, incredibly weird. Anyone in the know what happened to trigger this?

Potter it is apparently you lucky devil's.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
It's official now. He has done remarkably well for Brighton and generated a lot of income for them recently as well as making them one of the best teams to watch as a neutral. You did get young Billy Gilmour out of all the madness going on at Chelsea of late so good luck to him and Brighton from here.

There's an international break soon then we have 9 games in October including two against AC Milan. Graham Potter should know his best team by then, just in time for this bonkers World Cup to mess things up again.

Here we go :facepalm:

I'm with Klopp on this, give us all a shout when you find any dates when you can fit all this in. And good luck accomodating fans of all those bitter regional rivalries without landing a huge police bill.
So am I think it's a daft Idea their is already too many games as it is

Back
Top Bottom