Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal 2023/24

Unlucky, a Man City draw would have been fun what with the goal difference and everything, :( What happened to Man City's points penalty by the way?

I did ask on the Man City thread but nobody replied.

Unlucky, a Man City draw would have been fun what with the goal difference and everything, :( What happened to Man City's points penalty by the way?

I did ask on the Man City thread but nobody replied.

Allegations yet to be dealt with. Any punishments or sanctions would come after.

Strange that Everton and Notts Forest have already had points deductions but City haven't, particularly with how long the accusations stretch over:

Manchester City have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period, which starts in 2009 and goes on until 2018. You have to bear in mind that, during the period, Man City won the Premier League three times.

Strange that Everton and Notts Forest have already had points deductions but City haven't, particularly with how long the accusations stretch over:

they should do unto city what was done to swindon

This one?

In addition to a £2,000 fine, the club cannot pay any loan, compensation, or transfer fees this window.

The EFL penalty comes after the club made late payments to HMRC in June and October, as well as a late payment of ticket money to an unnamed club.

This was overdue by 39 days, which goes beyond the EFL’s limit of 30 days.

As a result, the EFL have placed a two-window fee restriction on the club, with the second taking effect this summer unless the issue can be resolved.

And does seem to have been meted out somewhat swiftly. rather than the up to 15 years for City. :eek:

This one?

And does seem to have been meted out somewhat swiftly. rather than the up to 15 years for City. :eek:
this one but without the appeal reprieve
1716196947251.png

I'm not sticking up for City ( owned by a state , may have impact on foreign relations, can field a small army of the best accountants and legal representation in the world etc) who have also been charged with refusing to to co-operate with the investigation however I think there are differences in procedure.

Both Everton and Swindon ( no doubt Forest as well) admitted all charges. So its just a matter of a panel to make the decision about the punishment/sanction. In their case Everton then appealed the severity of the punishment.

City deny the charges, which in their case are substantially more complex accountancy cases of not declaring income/expenditure, and its the EPL that has said that because of the complexities that the hearing couldn't take place earlier. Some reports say that the hearings may start towards the end of this year.

Back
Top Bottom