Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I think the most the Ukranians could hope for at the moment is to get the Russians out of the eastern provinces.
Which if they began to succeed would position UA army sandwiched between RUS forces in Russia to the East and now isolated and more desperate RUS forces to their West...I fear what would happen next

What do you both mean by eastern provinces? Presumably both Donetsk and Luhansk? It's not possible, or at least exceedingly unlikely for Ukraine to liberate those territories without also having liberated most of occupied Zaporizhzhia and Kherson.

What are the fears people speak of if Ukraine liberates too much territory? A nuke? More murder? I'd say the first is extraordinarily unlikely and the second is happening anyway.

Tucker Carlson accuses Volodymyr Zelensky of waging a 'war against Christianity'

twitter link

Tucker Carlson accuses Volodymyr Zelensky of waging a “war against Christianity” - Media Matters
(contains the video clip)

Excellent piece of investigative journalism here from the NYT. The video is worth a watch but please be warned it has lots of images of dead civilians in it.

Archived version here

Last edited:
I had to check it wasn't 1st April.

It isn't 1st April :(

:mad:

Yeah, the pro-Putin wing of the Republican Party and their allies went into overdrive with Zelensky's visit to DC.

They're still blaming aid to Ukraine for everything the government isn't spending money on, despite being the authors of the "Let's Block the Government From Spending Money on These Things in Particular" bill.

Mrs Q's cousin has posted video from his 10 year old daughter's school nativity play on FB, the background is decked out in blue and yellow to show support for Ukraine, not sure what sort of practical help a primary school in the suburbs of Liverpool can offer but I'm sure the sentiment is appreciated.

Mrs Q's cousin has posted video from his 10 year old daughter's school nativity play on FB, the background is decked out in blue and yellow to show support for Ukraine, not sure what sort of practical help a primary school in the suburbs of Liverpool can offer but I'm sure the sentiment is appreciated.
If they run out of ideas, there's always educating refugee kids.

The only way that piece of shit could be anymore of a dickhead is if he went back to wearing a bow tie.

Just for shits and giggle…

Jon Stewart has gone off the boil recently, but I think this is a lovely bit of video.

Jon Stewart has gone off the boil recently, but I think this is a lovely bit of video.
In his time though…The Daily Show was were we went for actual political commentary (wrapped up in satire). I’ll always have a soft spot for that guy.

That clip i can always watch. You can see how in his eyes at the start of the show he’s there to destroy. And how he gets the first punches in before the arseholes have time to respond. Just controls it. The show got cancelled shortly afterwards.

‘Hard to top the absurdity of the current administration’ - just before the election of 2004. Little did we all know then…
One thing I like to do (being a political/news junkie) is to go back a few decades and see if what i believed back then still holds true. That clip still stands up. It nailed Fox and their disgusting agenda. Al Franken’s very good on Fox and the Murdoch press.

'Investment'. Right. Glad that's been cleared up.
You can't honestly believe the US sees it as anything else? They're spending a lot of dosh, and they wouldn't normally hand out cash that easily to anyone; except that in this case it's all going towards wiping out one of their major rivals' armed forces without a single American life being lost. (not counting the mercenary loons) Added bonus that a lot of the material investment is stuff headed for the scrapheap anyway.

You can't honestly believe the US sees it as anything else? They're spending a lot of dosh, and they wouldn't normally hand out cash that easily to anyone; except that in this case it's all going towards wiping out one of their major rivals' armed forces without a single American life being lost. (not counting the mercenary loons) Added bonus that a lot of the material investment is stuff headed for the scrapheap anyway.

And as always an excellent advert for American weapons, just in case anyone needed a reminder.

Plus they can see how this stuff works in an actual war setting.

Anyway, Pussy Riot being bang on it again…

PNG image 2.png

Back
Top Bottom