Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Sberbank European collapsing after a run on its cash by predominantly Eastern Europe’s punters

"Russian business has grown tentacles deep in Britain's financial system in the thirty years since the Soviet Union's collapse, prompting the British parliament's security and intelligence committee to warn in 2020 that its influence was so deeply embedded that by now it "cannot be untangled"."

makes you wonder about the knock on effects on londongrad, finance, even housing.

Last edited:

"Russian business has grown tentacles deep in Britain's financial system in the thirty years since the Soviet Union's collapse, prompting the British parliament's security and intelligence committee to warn in 2020 that its influence was so deeply embedded that by now it "cannot be untangled"."

makes you wonder about the knock on effects on londongrad, finance, even housing.
There was an international report a couple of years ago saying how London property prices are so high because of dirty money being laundered in properties.

This is true - so many conflicts around the world to be tackled by an anti-war movement.

The older and more dissapointments I see (not that old in this part of the internet) the more I realise that they aren't supposed or even intending to win.

Not to take this off track, but you never see this type of condemnation and outrage when the Palestinians are bombed back to the stone age
But the Palestians are not... In Europe. It's been made quite clear in recent days that it's unbelievable that war could now occur... in Europe.

Yugoslavia, of course, was never in Europe despite being in Europe. In Europe only means one thing now, and Britain, because Putin organised it, has undermined it.

well yes they are to people who live in london. And what with so much dirty money that actually belongs to the Russian people being washed there.
All at the behest of the west, whose economic and political strategists encouraged the wholesale theft of the Russian/ex-Soviet economy. Which ultimately gave rise to Putin.
Too many on here talk as though Putin came from nowhere, and is just another baddie, to be eliminated as we advance to whatever (unattainable) 'good society' is in their silly little heads.

Not to take this off track, but you never see this type of condemnation and outrage when the Palestinians are bombed back to the stone age
Absolutely horrified by what Putin is doing but fair comment if only the Gaza atrocities , invasion , constant bombing and slaughter of encircled women and children (men count too) who have no way of defending themselves or leaving by a U.S.A supported nuclear armed powerful expansionist occupying ,tank running over murderer of U.S.A protestors , chemical weapons bombing bully had got this 3 days worth of news coverage and twitterati or facebook propaganda in last 15 years the mind boggles

I don't blame only Putin for the shit the world is now in for the foreseeable whatever happens next

Last edited:
The rouble's taken a 30% hit against the dollar Guardian reports. Will concentrate minds you'd think.
the worry is though knowing this was bound to happen why did Putin and his comrades decide not just to invade but also to tell the rest of the world to go fuck their opinions , themselves , their threats and the horse they were thinking about riding in on

lots of russian debt repayments, financial liquidity and gas being switched off is gonna be concentrating a few as well.
good point on debt repayments unless they just say 'whistle for your money if people are going to sanction us' - you'd think they'd need to keep selling the gas to keep up repayments otherwise.

good point on debt repayments unless they just say 'whistle for your money if people are going to sanction us' - you'd think they'd need to keep selling the gas to keep up repayments otherwise.
dont know what the deal with the gas will be but i think germany buying all the liquid gas they can is a clue.
and being chucked out of that swift thing would mean they cant pay anything internationally? i dunno, its late an im tired.

2 hours ago​

Report says Belarusian paratroopers could be sent to Ukraine as early as this morning​

"The Kyiv Independent is reporting that Belarusian paratroopers could be deployed to Ukraine as early as this morning.
The news outlet says it has multiple sources saying the decision has been made and that as soon as 28 February at 5am local time, the first Il-76 transport aircraft is very likely to take off carrying Belarusian paratroopers to be deployed against Ukraine.
Belarus's armed forces include nearly 45,000 military personnel, according to local media, and it is thought that those deployed to Ukraine could be sent to the Kyiv or the Zhytomyr areas.
Belarusian opposition media has launched an anti-war campaign, including a video from former high-ranking Belarusian airborne commander Valeriy Sakhashik.
He urges all Belarusian paratroopers not to obey unlawful orders that would throw them into a war against a friendly nation."

From Sky news.

Interesting to see the former Belarusian air commander calling on their paratroopers to basically not fight in Ukraine by telling them not to follow unlawful orders.

But the Palestians are not... In Europe. It's been made quite clear in recent days that it's unbelievable that war could now occur... in Europe.

Yugoslavia, of course, was never in Europe despite being in Europe. In Europe only means one thing now, and Britain, because Putin organised it, has undermined it.
I recall there was quite a lot of ‘oh no, war in Europe’ type reporting during the Yugoslavia war, so I don’t think that’s an entirely fair comment. Not on this scale though, but that’s more to do with who is involved and how much alarm that is causing.

I recall there was quite a lot of ‘oh no, war in Europe’ type reporting during the Yugoslavia war, so I don’t think that’s an entirely fair comment. Not on this scale though, but that’s more to do with who is involved and how much alarm that is causing.

If I remember correctly - which is admittedly a big if after 30 years - many of the headlines at the time literally said "WAR IN EUROPE."

All at the behest of the west, whose economic and political strategists encouraged the wholesale theft of the Russian/ex-Soviet economy. Which ultimately gave rise to Putin.
Too many on here talk as though Putin came from nowhere, and is just another baddie, to be eliminated as we advance to whatever (unattainable) 'good society' is in their silly little heads.
Thing is, we don't have a time machine..

Back
Top Bottom