Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK man sentenced for having manga images of children

I can think of better places to end up as a pedo pariah than Southbank. He'd probably be better off banged up on the numbers.

Here we go again.

It should be treated as a mental health problem.

Yet youre the one who did a total u-turn on aussie guy, said he should be let off, then said that you never did the u-turn despite quite clearly stating the opposite.... Are you actually going to explain that?

No he didn't. He was quite obviously being sarcastic by throwing your 'it's a vicitm less crime' gambit back at you. It was obvious to everyone but you and you'd do yourself a massive favour by dropping such a glaring misunderstanding/misrepresentation.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

No he didn't. He was quite obviously being sarcastic by throwing your 'it's a vicitm less crime' gambit back at you. It was obvious to everyone but you and you'd do yourself a massive favour by dropping such a glaring misunderstanding/misrepresentation.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I've said I was wrong. And apologised.

Now fuck off.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
Already dealt with.

Sorry; I'm working my way though the thread - which contained numerous repetitons of the misunderstading/misrepresentation - and hadn't arrived at your apology...but thanks for the fuck off.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

They weren't intentionally misrepresentational, of course you're not going to believe that. I hadn't realised it was meant as sarcasm.....

They weren't intentionally misrepresentational, of course you're not going to believe that. I hadn't realised it was meant as sarcasm.....

I have no way of knowing your intention, which is why I also said misunderstanding. I do try to be careful with my posts.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I have no way of knowing your intention, which is why I also said misunderstanding. I do try to be careful with my posts.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

In exactly the same way i can't tell someone's intention to be sarcastic in text....

I think another thing that caught me out yesterday is that I'd not considered the word pedophile to be specifically attracted towards your children, ie prepubescent, I basically though it was applied to anyone who was attracted to people who aren't of age, I guess that would mean 16 in the UK, but 18 in some parts of the world.

In exactly the same way i can't tell someone's intention to be sarcastic in text....

I think another thing that caught me out yesterday is that I'd not considered the word pedophile to be specifically attracted towards your children, ie prepubescent, I basically though it was applied to anyone who was attracted to people who aren't of age, I guess that would mean 16 in the UK, but 18 in some parts of the world.

Not the same at all. Everybody else could see the sarcasm; which should have set bells ringing for you but didn't for many many posts. More importantly I left the question of your intention open (hence misunderstanding/misrepresentation); you repeatedly left BA no such ambiguity (he was doing it because he had made a U turn).

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Not the same at all. Everybody else could see the sarcasm; which should have set bells ringing for you but didn't for many many posts. More importantly I left the question of your intention open (hence misunderstanding/misrepresentation); you repeatedly left BA no such ambiguity (he was doing it because he had made a U turn).

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I was being barraged with posts, being accused of being a peadophile and being described as a rape apologist.... Things like peadophile accusations can actually affect my career, so was concerned with fighting baseless slander rather than looking for a nuance that wasn't visible to me in a post.... Im not telepathic, I can't tell magically when someone is being sarcastic if its written.... From my point of view it looked like he'd made a statement and changed his mind, when you're being berated by 20 people at the same time, some of who are being really quite offensive and accusing you of things that are simply absurd its really very upsetting.

As I said I've apologised, realised that maybe i didn't represented my side of the debate too well and I've apologised for that, there are reasons why I take a slightly different approach which I've said to rutita that I don't want to discuss publicly, and have also PM'd trashpony who called me a rape apologist in order to explain in a little bit more detail.

So well done big man, you're right, you've won, I'm sure everyone will organise a big round of applause if you really want. But can you please leave me alone now.

I was being barraged with posts, being accused of being a peadophile and being described as a rape apologist.... Things like peadophile accusations can actually affect my career, so was concerned with fighting baseless slander rather than looking for a nuance that wasn't visible to me in a post.... Im not telepathic, I can't tell magically when someone is being sarcastic if its written.... From my point of view it looked like he'd made a statement and changed his mind, when you're being berated by 20 people at the same time, some of who are being really quite offensive and accusing you of things that are simply absurd its really very upsetting.

As I said I've apologised, realised that maybe i didn't represented my side of the debate too well and I've apologised for that, there are reasons why I take a slightly different approach which I've said to rutita that I don't want to discuss publicly, and have also PM'd trashpony who called me a rape apologist in order to explain in a little bit more detail.

So well done big man, you're right, you've won, I'm sure everyone will organise a big round of applause if you really want. But can you please leave me alone now.

I was polite in all my posts and you told me to fuck off. I have continued to be polite and insult has turned into insinuation - 'big man' looking for a 'big round of applause'.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Things like peadophile accusations can actually affect my career, so was concerned with fighting baseless slander rather than looking for a nuance that wasn't visible to me in a post....

It's libel in the written word and you'd need to demonstrate how people were able to identify you from your pseudonym and how your reputation was damaged.

It's libel in the written word and you'd need to demonstrate how people were able to identify you from your pseudonym and how your reputation was damaged.

I'd have to do that if I was going to report. I'm not going to report because I'm well aware it was a throwaway cheap comment, and I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram. Yet that doesn't make it any less offensive.

I was polite in all my posts and you told me to fuck off. I have continued to be polite and insult has turned into insinuation - 'big man' looking for a 'big round of applause'.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Because your consistently being patronising with your posts, even though the discussion is over, your continuing to dig things to have a shot at me about.

You have. I don't see the need to rehash the whole thing again today

You have. I don't see the need to rehash the whole thing again today
Louis macneice and citizen66 are the ones dragging this on.

Malicious accusations of being a pedophile because some has a different view to you are a disgusting way to act and I'm not prepared to take that lying down.

Louis macneice is at least just being pedantic and argumentative, but not malicious

Ok but by that argument, its illegal to cause harm to an animal, yet you're allowed to create depictions of harming an animal.

Totally different precedent, but exactly the same issue, the difference between doing something morally wrong, and pretending to do something which is morally wrong.

On what fucking weird planet would you have to live to find equivalence between some pervert using cartoon images of young girls getting molested to get himself off, with someone drawing an animal getting stabbed or hit?
There's NO equivalence. In the former someone is using that material for stimulation. They're not pretending to have a wank, or to fuel their own fantasies (which they may or may not try to realise into reality as their behaviour escalates.
I somehow doubt that there are many people in the world who jack off to pictures of mutilated animals.

I'd have to do that if I was going to report. I'm not going to report because I'm well aware it was a throwaway cheap comment, and I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram. Yet that doesn't make it any less offensive.
Report to who? Libel is a civil not criminal matter.

On what fucking weird planet would you have to live to find equivalence between some pervert using cartoon images of young girls getting molested to get himself off, with someone drawing an animal getting stabbed or hit?
There's NO equivalence. In the former someone is using that material for stimulation. They're not pretending to have a wank, or to fuel their own fantasies (which they may or may not try to realise into reality as their behaviour escalates.
I somehow doubt that there are many people in the world who jack off to pictures of mutilated animals.

You getting in another dig too then?

People wank over "cartoons"

Just when i thought I'd seen everything i found out I still live in some weird bubble somewhere.

300107_press09-001.jpg

I work with photographs all day, every day... Depictions of something are recreations of with interpretation.

A photograph is a record of something that has happened.

The point I've sustained through the entire thread is that what this guy has been prosecuted of is having interpretations of an encounter with a child, not a record of.

A photograph is not a record, it's (just as with any other image) a mediated representation. A photograph doesn't record something "as it is", it records the thing as the photographer wished to see it, using D-o-F, shutter speed and (analogue or digital) post-production methods to realise a creative vision. Courts do not treat photographs as unalloyed records, and haven't done for decades.

Back
Top Bottom