Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory UK EU Exit Referendum

Of course Theresa May, who is imposing blanket surveillance, destroying legal aid, attacking Judicial Review and the Police for being too soft, forcing Intensive Care Unit patients onto deportation planes, thinks that our (EU given) rights to life, freedom from torture and discrimination, liberty, fair trials, privacy, thought, religion and belief is getting in her way and will scrap the Human Rights Act, and who casts no reflection in a mirror, is lining up for Prime Minister.

Isn’t this just the Summer of Love?

article-2324823-19CA6FA6000005DC-626_634x492-1.jpg

Of course Theresa May, who is imposing blanket surveillance, destroying legal aid, attacking Judicial Review and the Police for being too soft, forcing Intensive Care Unit patients onto deportation planes, thinks that our (EU given) rights to life, freedom from torture and discrimination, liberty, fair trials, privacy, thought, religion and belief is getting in her way and will scrap the Human Rights Act, and who casts no reflection in a mirror, is lining up for Prime Minister.

View attachment 88967

The Coastal surveillance aircraft she shelved (which is mothballed and some very decent kit in it) cost the taxpayer £4mil a year, how much do the video cardboard cutouts at UK airports cost?

View attachment 88967

May now bookies' favourite:

Next Conservative Leader Odds | Politics Betting | Oddschecker

View attachment 88967
Christ she looks like a corpse.

Theresa May, a woman who made Britain one of the only countries in the world in which you can be tried in a Court you can't enter, against charges you don't know, supported by evidence you can't see, is not far off becoming its Prime Minister.

On the bright side, at least we don’t live in a country in which a feral minority can determine the course of events and the people in charge can change in a fortnight, against which such overturned legal conventions were devised to protect us.

Theresa May, a woman who made Britain one of the only countries in the world in which you can be tried in a Court you can't enter, against charges you don't know, supported by evidence you can't see, is not far off becoming its Prime Minister.

On the bright side, at least we don’t live in a country in which a feral minority can determine the course of events and the people in charge can change in a fortnight, against which such overturned legal conventions were devised to protect us.

I suspect you're thinking of a different (and significantly larger) 'feral minority' than I am.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

What are Etonians if not a feral minority?

I suspect you're thinking of a different (and significantly larger) 'feral minority' than I am.
I’m thinking of the ultra-right wing BNP and UKIP proto-fascist state supporters who’s numbers, although small, were sufficient to trigger the most violently right wing shift in UK politics in modern times. Who are having all the machinery of the fascist state manufactured for them by stealth.

Prejudice against necromancers, eh? :mad:

My apologies to all practitioners of the dark arts; such luminaries (er... tenebrisiaries?) as the Witch of Endor and Edward Kelley should never have been associated with a practice as vile as Tory party membership.

My apologies to all practitioners of the dark arts; such luminaries (er... tenebrisiaries?) as the Witch of Endor and Edward Kelley should never have been associated with a practice as vile as Tory party membership.

Thank you for your gracious apology.

I'm seeing forecasts for thundery, heavy rain events for Eastern England on Thursday. :D
It'll be OK for those posh, Waitrose remainarians in their 4WDs...but the dispossessed, left-behind underclass won't feel too chuffed about leaving 'spoons to get soaked getting down the village hall.
The weather forecast was accurate enough, but enough of us managed to drag our sorry arses down to the polling booths, it would seem:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom