Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Tour Of France 2021

I see Nibali is off to japan.
As Cav gets closer to Paris, not only could he get the all time record stage wins, the green jersey and a win in Paris he could also
get the Latern Rouge, admittedly he would have to lose a good few minutes to get it :rolleyes:

I noticed Cav has been wearing green shorts on some stages. Have they changed the rules in the last 25 years on this, as I seem to remember Cipollini getting fined for wearing yellow shorts when leading on GC in the first week. (Cipo didn't give a fuck, and he knew he'd retire when they went over the first speed bump.)

I noticed Cav has been wearing green shorts on some stages. Have they changed the rules in the last 25 years on this, as I seem to remember Cipollini getting fined for wearing yellow shorts when leading on GC in the first week. (Cipo didn't give a fuck, and he knew he'd retire when they went over the first speed bump.)

That's his skinsuit, they're one piece and more aerodynamic. Usually riders only use them on TT stages, but he seems to favour them on stages where he's likely to be competing. There was various chat about when he wasn't wearing one, apparently it's because the organisers only issue a limited number of them.

The green “shorts” are actually part of the one piece skinsuit supplied by the tour. Apparently he hasn’t been given as many as usual or something, so some days is wearing a normal green jersey over his team bibshorts.

Cipo was constantly being fined for wearing flash, non regulation kit. I can't ever remember him in yellow though.

Cipo was constantly being fined for wearing flash, non regulation kit. I can't ever remember him in yellow though.

tdf_OFS706_1024x1024.jpg

191 miles per day, inc 3500 metres of climbing, average speed 15.6 mph, for 18 days. Quite severe for a cycling holiday. But not unheard of.

1626210158453.png
Col du Portet looks like a super tough day tomorrow. Real ski station stuff. It'll be the GC battle for 2nd & 3rd firing up. Doubt it'll trouble Pogacar. Even if he has a bad day I think he'll still win overall.

I'm hoping for a least expected day with Enric Mas jumping up to second as he usually has a strong third week.
Also hoping Ineos continue their run without a top 5 finish :D

Yes Brian and Rob, I'm sure Cav is super interested in contesting an intermediate sprint on a savage mountain stage.

Last edited:
Kruiswijk withdraws?

Sean says he's been carrying an injury on his hand, but could be a bunch of other stuff.

Brian was saying a while ago that all the directeurs sportifs have Eurosport in their cars and are listening to Sean saying that the break needs 10 mins to stay away. He made it sound as if Sean and Brian are the uber-DS for all the teams. I find that hard to believe.

Love the onboard recaps, gives a much better sense of how fucking bugnuts it is in there.

Brian was saying a while ago that all the directeurs sportifs have Eurosport in their cars and are listening to Sean saying that the break needs 10 mins to stay away. He made it sound as if Sean and Brian are the uber-DS for all the teams. I find that hard to believe.

Yes, I mean Brian's career as a manager was long and successful... :hmm:

The Col de Portet is an absolute monster. G described it as the toughest climb he'd ever done in the tour last time they were here.

View attachment 278451

I was once told by some locals that Port de Pailheres is the hardest in the Pyrenees. But that was a while ago when it had a gravel section. And maybe they were just being kind. I looked so bad that one of them asked me if I'd like to be taken to hospital.

bebbd25f7a178702f419043f7346aa05.jpg

Back
Top Bottom