Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Tour Of France 2021

No. Especially not with UAE policing the front of the bunch. And the people in the break are all so far back in the GC, why bother to chase?

Comparing climbing times is problematic though because it’s pretty much impossible to have a baseline for the comparison. Different bikes, weather, race conditions etc. Was a quick time just a one off huge effort that the rider paid for later in the race? Was it due to being towed up most of the way by their team? Was a tough climb part of a short and explosive stage or at the end of a 230km hard slog? Etc etc.
EPO etc had a massive effect on speeds, have a read of Tyler Hamiltons book.

But the hounds of the breakaway have scented blood on the air, and the wolfpack will have to go deep to keep them at bay... :hmm:

Even if he breaks the record, takes the green jersey and wins in Paris he’ll lose SPOTY to Sterling for falling over in the box!
I don't think he'll get it. The breakaway artists will go mad tomorrow and he'll struggle to get over the Pyrenees. Never mind. The Merckx thing is all a bit contrived. Cav got the sprinters' record years ago, and the three wins this year are just a fairytale.

I don't think he'll get it. The breakaway artists will go mad tomorrow and he'll struggle to get over the Pyrenees. Never mind. The Merckx thing is all a bit contrived. Cav got the sprinters' record years ago, and the three wins this year are just a fairytale.

I can't see DQT being able to control breaks. The only teams who would possibly help them are DSM and Arkea and they are better off trying to win from the breakaway.
Also DQT have riders who could win. from a breakaway so I'd give Asgreen (Ronde winner) and Ballerini (Omloop winner) a chance rather than putting all the eggs in the Cav basket. One stage was a fairytale, three is superb.

I can't see DQT being able to control breaks. The only teams who would possibly help them are DSM and Arkea and they are better off trying to win from the breakaway.
Also DQT have riders who could win. from a breakaway so I'd give Asgreen (Ronde winner) and Ballerini (Omloop winner) a chance rather than putting all the eggs in the Cav basket. One stage was a fairytale, three is superb.
Paris is Cavs best chance.

He says, as QS lock things down, only letting 3 go up the road, thus setting things up for Cav to sprint later :facepalm: :D
Yeah I was wrong too. They did a great job so far but the teams who wanted to get in the break were a bit crap. I guess they're all battered and tired and need to save themselves for the Pyrenees.

Convincing win from Politt yesterday. Even he couldn't believe it, Knocking his head in the last 100ms :cool:
He must be on cloud 9.

Yeah I was wrong too. They did a great job so far but the teams who wanted to get in the break were a bit crap. I guess they're all battered and tired and need to save themselves for the Pyrenees.
QS (well, the guys in the team car) clearly knew the route ahead, they got themselves across the front at exactly the right time for when the road narrowed and they could lock it down much easier.

95km to go and the gap has come down to 2 mins. QS need to slow things down here or some others will be tempted to start chucking guys up the road and it will all go a bit bananas.

Horrendous place to crash! That was a steep-sided bit of road.

Jesus what are they made of? 70 kmh and thrown down a cliff only to be stopped by a tree. And back on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom