Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Tour Of France 2021

Carapaz and Pogocar could have been working together to try and get rid of other podium hopefuls.
No loss to Pogacar but an ally to help him and possible gains on the rest for Carapaz.

As for WvA, what a rider. Nearly beats Cav in a sprint, then wins a double ascent of Ventoux the day after. A bit of hope for JV in what’s been a miserable tour for them so far.

And Vingegaard's effort cracking Pog at last. Not much difference in the end of course, but still. Although I'd be well pissed off if someone two years younger than me said I was promising.

But Wout is too big to be a climber! I'm not saying he's juiced, I'm just saying I don't understand.
Well, going on his efforts today his size doesn’t appear to be that much of a problem.

It’s power to weight ratio that matters, not weight. As long as he can crank out the required watts - and he clearly can - then up the mountain he goes.

Are they letting him do lead commentary now? Ffs, the man even managed to make a book about Marco Pantani boring!
Rendell comes in when Boulting needs a break, typically midway through a stage. Boulting and Millar always do the bulk of the stage though, including the key points and the finish.

I just looked him up and his height and weight were almost the same as Van Aert. But he had that strange reputation for freakish lungs, and his doctor was a pioneer of EPO.

Weren't you bigging up Pantani earlier hash tag :hmm: ? Anyway, can't find the Brad on a bike bit... Something something, raised two wonderful daughters as I recall.

Comparing climbing times is problematic though because it’s pretty much impossible to have a baseline for the comparison. Different bikes, weather, race conditions etc. Was a quick time just a one off huge effort that the rider paid for later in the race? Was it due to being towed up most of the way by their team? Was a tough climb part of a short and explosive stage or at the end of a 230km hard slog? Etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom