Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Reform UK Party (latest nigel farage vehicle) is it to be laughed at or not

who'd have seen that coming? :confused:
“We want to make it crystal clear that while we defend our candidates’ right to freedom of speech vigorously, we act fast when we find that individuals’ statements fall beneath our standards.

“Labour and Conservatives also have candidates that make statements that fall below acceptable standards, but we move faster than others in acting decisively.”

No actual apologies for the disgraceful lies their candidates posted.

“We want to make it crystal clear that while we defend our candidates’ right to freedom of speech vigorously, we act fast when we find that individuals’ statements fall beneath our standards.

“Labour and Conservatives also have candidates that make statements that fall below acceptable standards, but we move faster than others in acting decisively.”

No actual apologies for the disgraceful lies their candidates posted.

presume the party rule is you're not supposed to get caught saying anything racist...

The Spectator, for some unknown reason, has published details of ten candidates dropped by Reform

The Spectator, for some unknown reason, has published details of ten candidates dropped by Reform

Wonderful to see RefUK explore the concept of free-speech...

1712767059940.png

Wonder if they’ll demand a spot on the leadership debates if they happen? Though I can see the main two parties not bothering given both their leaders are inept clowns.

Have they been kicked out for being horrendously racist or for saying something woke? Tricky line to walk as a Refukker.

being fuckwits on social media as the article says

lots of transgender, khan and other are comparable to hitler

kicked out as the said the quiet part loud

I think this goes in the one you couldn't make up category

Yeah just saw it here:

:D

It's not a real party. I think their candidates are just "employees" aren't they? so there's probably no "local branches" and i wouldn't be surprised if Tice has never even met most of them in person.

If, by some dark sorcery, they were to actually win (stop laughing), how would Tice be PM? He isn't even a sitting MP? Does that mean that Leeanderthal would be their PM (start laughing)?

How does Tice get so much air time? He's outdoing Farage at this rate.

If, by some dark sorcery, they were to actually win (stop laughing), how would Tice be PM? He isn't even a sitting MP?
Hypothetically, I think the answer would be that there's nothing to say you have to be an MP to be PM, and the monarch would never reject a nomination with a commons majority behind it. Maybe they would make him a Lord so it looked a bit tidier.

If, by some dark sorcery, they were to actually win (stop laughing), how would Tice be PM? He isn't even a sitting MP? Does that mean that Leeanderthal would be their PM (start laughing)?

How does Tice get so much air time? He's outdoing Farage at this rate.

He'll have hired some media firm or hooked up lurker from the Tories and/or the Mail or someone. Through enough money at it and my cat could be hosting Have I Got News for You every week. Would be better at it too, might claw Ian Hislop's eyes out.

Hypothetically, I think the answer would be that there's nothing to say you have to be an MP to be PM, and the monarch would never reject a nomination with a commons majority behind it. Maybe they would make him a Lord so it looked a bit tidier.

we did have some thoughts about this when the vermin were in one of their turmoils, and the 'what if that twat johnson was re-elected party leader now he's not no longer an MP?' question came up.

taking it more from the 'what if the leader of the party who won the general election lost their seat?' angle, institute of government says dunno although it raises the question of how a PM who wasn't an MP could deal with prime minister's questions and so on.

there doesn't seem to be a specific rule that PM absolutely has to be an MP. Some parties have a rule that party leader has to be a sitting MP, but that's up to each party. The leader of the SNP is an MSP not a westminster MP, but since they only stand for election in a small proportion of UK seats, there's little chance of the SNP forming a government at westminster.

alec douglas-home was PM for 4 days as a member of the house of lords, then for a few weeks without being an MP while a by-election was set up for him.

Back
Top Bottom