Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Lefts reaction to hurricane Katrina

pilchardman said:
You have it in MP3 format?

No I don't but I remember the title from John Peel's announcements thinking cool name for an album.

I had a few tapes probably recorded over with documentaries instead.

sihhi said:
No I don't but I remember the title from John Peel's announcements thinking cool name for an album.

I had a few tapes probably recorded over with documentaries instead.
Bugger. Och, well.

It's a good album, mind.

But I wanted some Peel Sessions. Never mind.

peppery said:
Are they showing highlights of the England match tonight or is it Sky only again?

Sky unfortunately.

Northern Ireland did well tho didn't they?

pilchardman said:
Bugger. Och, well.
I Forgot you were in Alba anyway. :D
My dad used to have loads of tapes from when he was trying to learn German in Germany and English in England. I taped over pop music on them. But then I started sacrificing music tapes to radio4 worldservice documentaries as I got older- now I hardly have any music tapes left at all. :(

sihhi said:
I Forgot you were in Alba anyway. :D
My dad used to have loads of tapes from when he was trying to learn German in Germany and English in England. I taped over pop music on them. But then I started sacrificing music tapes to radio4 worldservice documentaries as I got older- now I hardly have any music tapes left at all. :(
I used to do mix tapes. For myself and others. Cover notes sometimes. Now I do CDs.

I've got a collection of political tapes. But not many political CDs. I could burn you a good Howard Zinn talk on Sacco and Vanzetti.

pilchardman said:
I used to do mix tapes. For myself and others. Cover notes sometimes. Now I do CDs.

I've got a collection of political tapes. But not many political CDs. I could burn you a good Howard Zinn talk on Sacco and Vanzetti.

Unfortunately I don't have much on audio on outright anarchist topics like S&V but I have a Radio4 prog called "Spies likes us" about the Cambridge spies. Lots of old 10 o clock news bulletins aswell.

Good input boys. Smart as always.

And to see you all have a little self respect by mentioning your sorrow at the loss of human life in America.

Thank god you are all dumb enough not to vote

And I didn't know you boys were so smart as well.

Delivering supplies to a flooded city when thousands of people are stranded, surrounded by water. Unable to drive motor vehicles to them or unable to find ground to land helicopters.

You would think along with doing cool shit like inventing the internet we could magically teleport supplies to those surrounded by flood waters.

Fuck it boys

Lets just blame Bush

mears said:
I was interested how Katrina would play out amongst the radical left.
More interested in that sort of petty shit than the welfare of fellow citizens apparently. Feeling a bit of the old liberal guilt it looks like. Damn commie. Fuck the poor.

revol68 said:
talking of teleporters did anyone think that the new Dr Who was good?
Eccleson New, or

t5.jpg

The sorrow at the loss is life is over whelmed by the anger at the failure to prevent, and then manage, this catasrophe.They knew it could happen
they had warning they could see it about to happen .And they still didnt sort it
out . The mayor and the govenor should resign ,Bush should hang his head in shame for his actions he has not been a great leader over this .

But, yeah. I like the 2005 series Dr Who. My kids have the DVDs.

I'm looking forward to the next series. Tenant looks cool. :)

dylanredefined said:
The sorrow at the loss is life is over whelmed by the anger at the failure to prevent, and then manage, this catasrophe.They knew it could happen
they had warning they could see it about to happen .And they still didnt sort it
out . The mayor and the govenor should resign ,Bush should hang his head in shame for his actions he has not been a great leader over this .

I know, weeks of advance notice. Transporting that many people out of the city is an easy proposition, it happens all over the place. Forty eight hours, tens of thousands of people, not a problem.

We built the internet, put a man on the moon, why can't we stop the storm.

Its all so dam easy.

Blame Bush

We saw that Hitchiker's guide last night. Bit dreadful really.

It did its best of course but basically it suffered badly from the way for the last 30 years, people with charisma-quotients of zero have been quoting it thinking they're really witty, but really they're tedious as fuck. It's 70's science teacher humour.

I thought the chick had a certain indefineable something though. Zooey. What kind of name's that?

hhgttg18.jpg

Trying to work out of I can go or not.
On Halloween night in San Diego, Rocket from the Crypt will be playing our farewell show. After 16 years of scars and ear damage all in the name of spreading goodwill and the Rock N Roll doctrine, we will take the stage for the last time on our favorite day of the year. We know that it is very difficult for those around the world to be with us for this celebration, but we invite all that have been a part of this awesome ride to come out one more time and give it up for the band. We will offer those that have supported and fueled us the first opportunity to purchase tickets. The show is taking place in a hotel ballroom and room packages will be offered with the tickets if you desire. There is a limited number of these discounted room/ticket packages available. There will be five ticket options. 1. Ticket only, 2. Room with 1 ticket, 3. Room with 2 tickets, 4. Room with 3 tickets, 5. Room with 4 tickets. The show is unfortunately 21 and up only as there will be rampant liver-defying consumption. The rest of the info is below.

Rocket From The Crypt’s last show
Monday, October 31 2005
Westin Horton Plaza Grand Ballroom (910 Broadway Circle – San Diego, CA)
21 and up
Other bands TBA

21135_6_b.jpg

Fan pre-sale: Friday, September 9, 2005 at 12:00 pm (PST)
at www.casbahmusic.com
This presale will only last until Sunday night (September 11) before they are open to everyone else!!

Ticket options and prices (We apologize for the cost, expenses are high):
$30.00 advance ticket only
$165.00 Room with one ticket (Hotel tax is not included in this price)
$25.00 each additional ticket with room. Up to four tickets may be purchased with room package.
This option is only available until October 1, 2005!

Rocket tattoos will be accommodated for the show admission only BUT we need to know if you are planning to attend.
If you are already a member of Speedo’s Army please email
speedosarmy@hotmail.com and RSVP.
You must RSVP by October 1st.
Once you RSVP you must be admitted in the show by 8:30 or your spot will taken by someone else. We want to insure that we accommodate as many people as possible.

Thanks and I hope to see you there,

Speedo AKA Swami AKA John Anthony Reis, Jr. III

-----------------------------------------
Crank It Or Spank It,
The RFTC spammer v1.666
http://www.rftc.com/

Rocket from the Crypt? You must go if you can, I'd say.

You heard Rocket From The Tombs? The similarly-named 70s proto punk never weres?

that girl from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is very cute in a strange way. I think she was the girl in the Offspring video for "she's got issues".

pilchardman said:

You heard Rocket From The Tombs? The similarly-named 70s proto punk never weres?
They evolved into pere ubu yeah? Haven't heard them actually. Ta for reminding me.

Currently I'm looking at flying to Chicago, staying with friends then taking a greyhound to san diego, 4 day round trip for $200 or €160 or £108. Bargain!

pilchardman said:

Pilchardman do you use mp3 blogs in any shape?

Revol68. Zooey Dechannel is her name and physically she's sweetness in every way.

Back
Top Bottom