Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2021/22

Looks like Stokes' Ashes is over then. What a tour! He was holding that side after his first ball so wtf was he doing trying to bowl bouncer after bouncer subsequently. The player management is so so bad.

Looks like Stokes' Ashes is over then. What a tour! He was holding that side after his first ball so wtf was he doing trying to bowl bouncer after bouncer subsequently. The player management is so so bad.

60 tests as captain and Root still hasn’t developed in this area sufficiently. By most accounts he’s a decent lad but where do you draw the line?

It was Root's catch. I dont think Foakes would have been able to take that. Maybe Buttler should have left it alone.

England - 16 dropped catches
Oz - 5

It was Root's catch. I dont think Foakes would have been able to take that. Maybe Buttler should have left it alone.

England - 16 dropped catches
Oz - 5

Buttler wasn’t a mile off. Foakes would have made a better go of it. If you do not have a world class spinner a world class keeper is vital.

Foakes has taken harder opportunities…

Giles is actually right. There's simply too much cricket. Archer's gone. His career probably over, and I think Stokes is gone too.

Now Giles is working on his review of what went wrong. He said he didn’t want to go into his ideas for “how I want to take this team forward and improve our red-ball cricket”, but he still gave a good idea of what his conclusions are likely to be. “It’s been an extraordinary year and I think we can look at the cricket-specific stuff but we also need to look at the other stuff, particularly having 18 scheduled Test matches,” he said. “It’s a huge amount of cricket we’re playing and in a time of Covid it’s been pretty horrendous at times.” The players are reaching “their very top limit” of what they can deal with.

Aussies declare on 416.

Khawaja had an absolute blinder against today, 136 off 260. A fine return to Test cricket, his young daughter in the crowd.

Twenty minutes left. How many wickets can England lose.

Aussies declare on 416.

Khawaja had an absolute blinder against today, 136 off 260. A fine return to Test cricket, his young daughter in the crowd.

Twenty minutes left. How many wickets can England lose.

Crawley has promised a ton. So, probs 4/40 by the end of today.

Stokes out for the test I reckon, think he's approaching the end of his Test career. He should come home and play some cricket in Canterbury and get away from the weird saviour fixation English cricket has on him.

Gotta feel for Jack Leach. I went to bed just after the drop of Khawaja. Leach wasn't bowling brilliantly by any means, but that would have been a brilliant wicket with the old ball, score still under 200, and could have changed Leach's and England's fortunes. It felt like a big moment - for Khawaja, Leach and the match - and so it proved to be.

Crawley is averaging something like 10 in his last 10 tests or something right? And he's going out in the media predicting he'll score a century at the SCG against arguably the best attack in the world? Whoever is doing the media training must be the same person checking social media history before selecting players.

Gotta feel for Jack Leach. I went to bed just after the drop of Khawaja. Leach wasn't bowling brilliantly by any means, but that would have been a brilliant wicket with the old ball, score still under 200, and could have changed Leach's and England's fortunes. It felt like a big moment - for Khawaja, Leach and the match - and so it proved to be.

Root's a better bowler. At least in those conditions. Leach is.. nothing.

In November 2019, England arrived for a Test series in New Zealand ready to unleash Jofra Archer, fresh from a stunning debut Ashes series.

But, over 10 days, Joe Root went a long way to breaking him. Ignoring that Archer had been most effective when predominantly bowling a good length, Root tasked Archer with the grunt work of fast bowling: pounding in and bowl short on placid tracks. Archer bowled 82 overs in 10 days - about 10 per cent as much as he had bowled in his entire first-class career up to that point. The strain almost certainly contributed to the plethora of injuries that Archer has suffered since. Since the start of 2020, he has now played just six of England’s 25 Test matches.

Crawley is averaging something like 10 in his last 10 tests or something right? And he's going out in the media predicting he'll score a century at the SCG against arguably the best attack in the world? Whoever is doing the media training must be the same person checking social media history before selecting players.
6093je.jpg

England has a captain that says he’s not responsible for capataining, a batting coach that claims he’s not responsible for poor batting techniques and a MD that shirks responsibility for the overall shitshow.

A 5-0 defeat could be more positive for England’s test cricket than scrapping a win or 2 from a dead rubber as there will be a greater thirst for a widespread bloodletting. Andrew Strauss will be judge and executioner and hopefully is sharpening his guillotine.

Back
Top Bottom