Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2021/22

Boland gets Root out for a duck. His overall test average stands at 6.1. If I had the energy I’d laugh.

Last edited:
Lest we forget Stokes’ fine battle in the face of a nasty side strain.

…and the Teeside Tendulkar engaging in guerrilla warfare with skirmish of 39 runs,

Here’s Moeen having gentle words to say to Cook

I was watching that. I remember a couple of years ago they had Jimmy and Cook on as guests like that too and the same thing happened. Jimmy used the opportunity to question the rotation policy and why Cook had dropped him on occasion. Cook said it was because of his age. Jimmy's face.

Awks.

Although I have pipe dreams of Morgan coming back to test match cricket for one last hurrah against the colonials in 18 months, I know this is unlikely. Moeen would be interesting but I dont know how likely he would prosper under intense scrutiny. Broad has shown intelligence and fighting spirit. He would also intuitively manage bowlers appropriately. He has enough chutzpah to deal with the media. There I said it. Broad for captain…and I wouldn’t be surprised if Strauss comes to the same conclusion. Australia have set a precedent by anointing a fast bowler captain, England may have more confidence to do the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom