Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The American mass shooting thread

Your the bod on the ground with a Gat the world has obviously gone to shit.
Time to do your fucking job it sucks running towards gunfire well in my case stumbling slowly wishing it was somebody else’s job but I did it.
Fortunately in my case turned out to be some pissed Cypriot hunter attempting to shoot snakes. :facepalm:.
Completely oblivious to the amount of mayhem he caused and slept through the hornets nest he kicked off:eek:. Those minutes looking for the fuckwit were some of the longest of my life:rolleyes: zero back up other sentry was on crutches don’t ask :eek: no comms no idea but you don’t cower in place when your armed and others your responsible arnt

Found something interesting. It's George HW Bush's resignation letter from the NRA after some comments Wayne LaPierre made:

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as "jack-booted thugs." To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as "wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms" wanting to "attack law abiding citizens" is a vicious slander on good people.

Al Whicher, who served on my [ United States Secret Service ] detail when I was Vice President and President, was killed in Oklahoma City. He was no Nazi. He was a kind man, a loving parent, a man dedicated to serving his country -- and serve it well he did.

In 1993, I attended the wake for A.T.F. agent Steve Willis, another dedicated officer who did his duty. I can assure you that this honorable man, killed by weird cultists, was no Nazi.

John Magaw, who used to head the U.S.S.S. and now heads A.T.F., is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever known. He would be the last to condone the kind of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges. The same is true for the F.B.I.'s able Director Louis Freeh. I appointed Mr. Freeh to the Federal Bench. His integrity and honor are beyond question.

Both John Magaw and Judge Freeh were in office when I was President. They both now serve in the current administration. They both have badges. Neither of them would ever give the government's "go ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law abiding citizens." (Your words)

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list. Sincerely, [ signed ] George Bush

Letter of Resignation Sent By Bush to Rifle Association

When I first read it, I thought it was fake, but I checked it out over at Snopes.com.

Contrast that with TTT's recent comments about the FBI.

It’s a gone a bit First blood on here hasn’t it ? Most places in m the states have active shooter policies in place theses days - none of them have tackling the shooter anywhere but bottom of the list of options, condoning running into packed buildings to take out an unknown is frankly stupid macho toss.
Run,hide (fight if you have no other option) is all very well for the unarmed for armed security that is what they are paid to do.

It was an unknown situation outside a scant fact or two. This is basic risk management.
Some one is shooting kids, time to earn your pay

1623 mass shootings in the united states in the last 1900 days. and you think an article which deals with 10 examples drawn from the last 21 years is in some way statistically significant?

back to the drawing board, dylanredefined.
Most of the time there isn't an opponent for the nutter with a gun which is why it becomes a mass shooting. If the cop had done his job he could have cut down the body count. Instead he chickened out.

you need to brush up on copper and security services best practice protocols and manuals.

I find it interesting how people view cops. They're either superheros with badges, or they're absolute bastards set on destroying your freedom. I may have mentioned that I worked in a cop shop in the 80's. What I learned is that they're mostly like the rest of us--a mix of good and bad, all rolled up together. They aren't supervillians. Although there are some who do some pretty awful things. And, they aren't superheros either.

Last edited:
Well since the shooter killed a bunch of people and then escaped. Not a lot of use.

He escaped by hiding among the other kids after his rifle jammed and was picked up when someone recognized him / his description a short distance away. I am not sure in the circumstances of this incident whether one cop busting in there solo would have necessarily changed anything, apart from potentially giving him a weapon that wasn't jammed.

Plenty of non US examples of school and public building shootery to choose from - Beslan, Dubroka, Bataclan - non of which involved the individual coppery exploding through the doors like an uncoordinated butch and sunshine melee .

Do any of us actually know what went down regarding the armed guard? US school campuses can be huge - was he even close enough to do anything in the six minutes? If he ran away or refused to act that actually would be crappy behaviour, but does anyone know if that's what actually happened?

He escaped by hiding among the other kids after his rifle jammed and was picked up when someone recognized him / his description a short distance away. I am not sure in the circumstances of this incident whether one cop busting in there solo would have necessarily changed anything, apart from potentially giving him a weapon that wasn't jammed.
schoolboy error How to Unjam an AR-15

we don't - this is my point - scant facts, too many unknowns- there could have been more than one shooter, explosives, hostages yadda yadda - the whole coward schtick is a convenient distraction from the real problem - cunty gun laws
not to mention too few armed students and teachers in the non-mass-shooting proportion of the school population.

Plenty of non US examples of school and public building shootery to choose from - Beslan, Dubroka, Bataclan - non of which involved the individual coppery exploding through the doors like an uncoordinated butch and sunshine melee .

They tend to be committed by terrorists not a lone nutter

So he was facing a guy with a jammed gun and still didn't go in.

Do any of us actually know what went down regarding the armed guard? US school campuses can be huge - was he even close enough to do anything in the six minutes? If he ran away or refused to act that actually would be crappy behaviour, but does anyone know if that's what actually happened?

According to the reports he went to the outside of the building where it happened, waited outside an entrance and communicated on his radio. The local cops haven't said what he communicated, which does raise questions given that they have been determined to make this about him.

Reactions: CRI
Let's say he ran in, guns blazing! He probably would of just accidentally shot up more students. Hand guns are good up close, but I know of few people that can shoot with them with accuracy with any kind of distance involved.

Reactions: CRI
Let's say he ran in, guns blazing! He probably would of just accidentally shot up more students. Hand guns are good up close, but I know of few people that can shoot with them with an accuracy with any kind of distance involved.
not to mention the danger of bullets going through a body and injuring someone else.

Back
Top Bottom