Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

We've had (another) Tory party flyer delivered, it was pushed through the door by a youth the same sort of age as Youngest Q who wandered down the streets with his headphones on sticking one through every letterbox. I suspect he is purely a hired mercernary rather than a committed activist.

Last edited:
I assume that was drafted because she expected the GE to happen when the locals were on, and no one checked it before going to print. :facepalm: :D
I am now starting to assume that even her agent knows she is a useless twit and is deliberately taking the piss.

I wonder who plans Sunak's visits? He went to see some sheep today and was shocked to find out that sheep are fickle fuckers. Anyone who has spent any time with sheep could have told him that.
Yeah, you'd think the Tory Whips would have warned him about sheep that go astray.

Had the Labour one through from Matt Rodda (Reading Central).

Pretty disappointing. Rodda's been a decent enough MP but this was poor. Flag shagging Brit branding alongside Starmer promising a new Border Security Command. Fuck off.

Meanwhile, Rodda (who is genuinely local) is pledging to "get Britain building again". Dude, this is Reading. Leave your chair to go for a piss and some fucker will have converted it into flats by the time you get back.

Rubbish. Boo! Etc.

We had the outgoing Labour MP knock on our door yesterday, to get us to vote for the slab of grey goo Labour have put up for his seat.

Grey Goo himself was unavailable, probably because he lives in fucking London.

Unfortunately Mrs Frank answered the door with a polite but firm thanks but no thanks. I had a whole spiel prepared about how I could not in good conscience help Keir Starmer and his front bench of manifestly corrupt and unfit persons get into government.

I wonder who plans Sunak's visits? He went to see some sheep today and was shocked to find out that sheep are fickle fuckers. Anyone who has spent any time with sheep could have told him that.
Yeah, you'd think the Tory Whips would have warned him about sheep that go astray.

You'd think that a dedicated constituency MP, emersed on the economics and social structures, and life of his rural, North Yorkshire seat, would have at least a passing acquaintance with the fact that sheep are the most disobedient creatures - bar my children - known to man or beast....

But apparently not.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he lost his seat.

Got my first leaflet in the post
From the Communist League

Pamela says "Which class rules in the central question facing workers everywhere. Break from the capitalist parties: Conservative, Labour LibDem[sic], Reform, Greens, SNP."
Does seem to imply they think that the SNP are standing a candidate in Tottenham. Sadly not.

After the uprising of the 17th June
The Secretary of the Writers Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?

-brecht
I find myself wanting to quote that often enough that I should probably just keep it permanently open in a tab for ease of copy and pasting.

I am now starting to assume that even her agent knows she is a useless twit and is deliberately taking the piss.
Oh, I am clearly wrong as she has just posted on Twitter. She couldn’t possibly get the date wrong again, could she?

IMG_4156.jpeg

Economist causing a bit of a (twitter) stir with the 2nd of their constituency level polls:

View attachment 429542

If that face-to-face polling were close to being accurate, that 33% swing would represent the biggest swing ever in a postwar election in any seat.

Not looking great for the vermin.
The actual polling numbers from that Gillingham poll....

1718737829490.png

Back
Top Bottom