Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Fucking hell, when did everyone go Labour? I mean I know a few people did when Corbyn won the leadership but surprised people are not only still in but going out canvassing for them. :confused:

Yeah. I've almost, almost, been tempted myself :oops:

(I haven't, and I won't, but...)

It's definitely "a thing". Even more than 2017.

Interesting video report from Mahyar Tousi reporting on Dianne Abbott accidentally leaking Labours open border policy on twitter and Mahyar speaks to a few voters in Stevenage.

Fucking hell, when did everyone go Labour? I mean I know a few people did when Corbyn won the leadership but surprised people are not only still in but going out canvassing for them. :confused:
I've been waiting for things to kick off on this front :thumbs:

Reactions: LDC

Almost without exception all the 'anarchists' I know are not only voting for Labour, but are very, very excited about them and many of them are out canvassing for them too.

FactCheck: Johnson wrong about Labour corporation tax
There are various ways to measure corporate tax rates, but stats from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) show that on all standard measures, a 26 per cent rate would not see the UK take top spot as Mr Johnson claims.

Looking at the rate set by central governments, we’d be behind France, Portugal, Belgium, and Greece. The same is true when we look at the combined corporate income tax rate (a measure that includes taxes levelled locally, as happens in some countries outside the UK).

The Conservative Party were contacted for comment.
I look forward to the comment :)

Received my first tory leaflet through the post yesterday. A frankly quite bizarre piece of work which was mostly asking us about what campaign she should run. Also wittering on about Crossrail 2. Given Crossrail 1 is not finished yet and a bit of a hot potato to say the least its a bloody odd thing to build a campaign around. Also there are some other things going on at the moment which are a bit more important.

As per usual now in London, not one mention of Brexit or Johnson. They must fear being wiped out down here.

I think there's a number of factors at play in the collapse into Labour:

The weakness of the extra-parliamentary left.

Labour putting forward what is ostensibly the most Left-wing platform in most of our living memories.

The hegemony of liberalism within the movements - Brexit, idpol, climate change etc.

Also there's a pole of attraction on the edge of Labour that "we" can't match: Momentum, TWT, Novara Media, Acid Corbynism etc. and it's being articulated by some prominent faces (Sarkar, Jones, Blakeley, Mason etc.) who do "we" have?

Reactions: LDC

Labour putting forward what is ostensibly the most Left-wing platform in most of our living memories.

The hegemony of liberalism within the movements - Brexit, idpol, climate change etc.
One of the (many) difficulties I have with Labour in particular is how much Labour here in Scotland was until very recently the ossified political establishment. In monolithic local government, in the parliamentary seats, in civil society. It wasn’t a progressive force, it was a force of conservatism (small c) and establishment. They had been in power in many local governments for many decades. They were the administrations who implemented the poll tax. They carried out the warrant sales. And they took the working class for granted. And here in Scotland they show no sign of remorse or change.

There is no chance I’d campaign for them.

I wonder what's it's all going to collapse into if Labour lose? The next thing with a slight glimmer of hope that people can get excited about for six months?

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom