Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

imo Labour needs to get on the case with it's Green New Deal asap. This could and should be its one big idea for this election. Big, bold, ambitious, joined-up thinking, and of course necessary.

Perhaps not likely to make much difference while the Green Party are trying to ensure the Tories get in again.

imo Labour needs to get on the case with it's Green New Deal asap. This could and should be its one big idea for this election. Big, bold, ambitious, joined-up thinking, and of course necessary.
Yeah, I'm not convinced there is even a greener capitalism to be had, but pushing a green new deal has potential to get beyond brexit. Maybe to superficially at least, get beyond the brexit divide amongst labour's vote. In fact labour are so weak on brexit, strategically, everything should focus on the green and social democratic possibilities of a post brexit world. Bit late for all that though.

Yeah, I'm not convinced there is even a greener capitalism to be had, but pushing a green new deal has potential to get beyond brexit. Maybe to superficially at least, get beyond the brexit divide amongst labour's vote. In fact labour are so weak on brexit, strategically, everything should focus on the green and social democratic possibilities of a post brexit world. Bit late for all that though.
we better hope there's a greener capitalism because at least some of the responses necessary to prevent an utterly horrific future* will have to be undertaken under capitalism

____
*i know that for a lot of people esp in the global south things are horrific at present: but i suspect this is little in comparison to the horrors which lie ahead should things go entirely pear-shaped.

Has this not come up yet? I'm curious what impact this might have - it's been seen by probably 3-4 million people now (at least), but - while he's contradicting his own government's policy and the treaty he's just negotiated with the EU - he's not really saying anything that isn't widely desired/spoken about among brexit supporters. Is it likely to actually improve his polling?

Has this not come up yet? I'm curious what impact this might have - it's been seen by probably 3-4 million people now (at least), but - while he's contradicting his own government's policy and the treaty he's just negotiated with the EU - he's not really saying anything that isn't widely desired/spoken about among brexit supporters. Is it likely to actually improve his polling?

Not a man to let actual facts bother him much

Not a man to let actual facts bother him much
Scary thing is that it is calculated. He knows he's lying. He knows a fair few people listening know he's lying. But he doesn't care, and he'll spread lie upon lie upon lie, and when he calls out someone else for lying when they're not, he'll point at himself and say 'you know there are lots of lies out there, so who knows if this is another one or not'.

Scary thing is that it is calculated. He knows he's lying. He knows a fair few people listening know he's lying. But he doesn't care, and he'll spread lie upon lie upon lie, and when he calls out someone else for lying when they're not, he'll point at himself and say 'you know there are lots of lies out there, so who knows if this is another one or not'.

He lies all the time, its like a compulsion. He doesn't care if they're really obvious lies, he even lies when he doesn't have to. Its like that time he was asked about hobbies and he started lying about building model buses. I mean, he didn't have to tell the full truth and say 'booze, cocaine and casual racism'. He could have said watching sport and stuff which is true, but lying is just an automatic thing to do.

Its just what he does. He lies all the time and has betrayed everyone who he has ever come into contact with. If someone told him they could guarantee he would win the election but he'd have to run a far left administration and cancel brexit he'd be singing the internationale and hugging Donald Tusk within seconds. He cares for nothing except himself yet there are still a lot of people who look at him and go ' that's my guy, I trust him to get it all sorted'. It just shows how easy life is for narcissists because people are drawn to them for some reason.

O Jesus fucking Christ. I am watching Kier Starmer right now and almost weeping at the sheer incompetence. Clutching his little fists together, stammering witlessly - what the fuck is the matter with him? Is this really the best LP can do? I am mortified. The most cringingly clueless wittering - I could write and deliver a better response myself...

O Jesus fucking Christ. I am watching Kier Starmer right now and almost weeping at the sheer incompetence. Clutching his little fists together, stammering witlessly - what the fuck is the matter with him? Is this really the best LP can do? I am mortified. The most cringingly clueless wittering - I could write and deliver a better response myself...
Eh!

Yeah that isn't an actual campaign though is it? Whereas the People's Vote campaign to ask people again until they get it right is.
There are people arguing against a second referendum, and there are people arguing for it.

You characterise the latter as "asking people again until they get it right". By the same token I could characterise the former as "not letting people vote again in case they get it wrong".

There's one of those approaches that lets people choose, and one that doesn't. The only right answer is the one people choose.

I wasn't sure about a second referendum for a while because of the difficulties of deciding what the options would be. Now it's rather clearer what the 'deal' is. So let people choose: deal, no-deal or remain.

But didn't his little face light up when he asked about being leader.

There are people arguing against a second referendum, and there are people arguing for it.

You characterise the latter as "asking people again until they get it right". By the same token I could characterise the former as "not letting people vote again in case they get it wrong".

There's one of those approaches that lets people choose, and one that doesn't. The only right answer is the one people choose.

I wasn't sure about a second referendum for a while because of the difficulties of deciding what the options would be. Now it's rather clearer what the 'deal' is. So let people choose: deal, no-deal or remain.
There's an outside chance of a second ref. There's fuck all chance of a second ref with no deal on the ballot.

And he appears to be the best the Labour centrist have to offer lol

Back
Top Bottom