Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

I'm not expressing an opinion on the bet, one way or another.

But if your calculation about the likelihood of a minority Tory government includes an assumption that neither the DUP nor the LibDems would enter into a coalition or even a confidence and supply arrangement with the Tories, as you appear to me to be doing, I think that assumption is open to question.

Yeah, it's open to question, not denying that. But it's 9/2, not evens.

Given the number of MPs keen to avoid contact with the electorate I’m guessing there are going to be a lot of seats without candidates.

Does anyone know a) when the candidate has to be officially nominated by and b) how Labour will fill these? I’m assuming the reselection process has to be abandoned now?

I’m asking because my MP - Roger Godsiff - was subject to challenge

Given the number of MPs keen to avoid contact with the electorate I’m guessing there are going to be a lot of seats without candidates.

Does anyone know a) when the candidate has to be officially nominated by and b) how Labour will fill these? I’m assuming the reselection process has to be abandoned now?

I’m asking because my MP - Roger Godsiff - was subject to challenge
triggers were suspended yesterday, but the NEC is still deciding on him and a couple of others (including Williamson and Vaz). Next meeting is due next Wednesday, but I bet that will change.

Any bets on the new speaker? That's going ahead this week we're told
Saw a snippet of Parliament TV yesterday at the point where Eleanor Laing had taken the chair for a bit; she didn't seem to know what was going on at all. Reckon I could have done as well had I been plonked down in the Speakers chair at that point.

triggers were suspended yesterday, but the NEC is still deciding on him and a couple of others (including Williamson and Vaz). Next meeting is due next Wednesday, but I bet that will change.

Ta. I presume/hope they bin the twat. In the event they do do they choose the replacement or does the local CLP?

Any bets on the new speaker? That's going ahead this week we're told
Will there be new deputy speakers to be appointed as well. I ask as our current MP Rosie Winterton might actually have to vote on something in the near future, if re-elected.

Back
Top Bottom