Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Lovely stuff.

jr2lxxw8mrv31.png

It's stuff like what Idris2002 has just posted that makes me despair.

Those posting this type of stuff on Facebook/Twitter it tend to think its a) political b) that other people are engaged by it and c) that's posting it makes them an activist.

I mean, 'do you want your vote to do anything'. It's just meaningless shite isn't it?

Those posting this type of stuff on Facebook/Twitter it tend to think its a) political b) that other people are engaged by it and c) that's posting it makes them an activist.

I mean, 'do you want your vote to do anything'. It's just meaningless shite isn't it?
I think it's just a joke.

Well, speaking personally, I just posted it for a laugh, like. I thought the "dogs know what I have done" bit was especially good.

at least he's never gone full george galloway

0:30 on

For me the word indefatigable has no other meanings than the Galloway-Saddam love in and a Monty Python and the Holy Grail song:
We're Knights of the Round Table,
We dance when ere we're able,
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot,
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
We're Knights of the Round Table,
Our shows are formidable, But many times, we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable.
We're Opera mad in Camelot,
We sing from the diaphragma looooooot.
In war we're tough and able,
Quite indefatigable,
Between our quests we sequin vests,
And impersonate Clark Gable.
It's a busy life in Camelot,
I have to push the pram a lot.
A very special word that now has no other connotations than Stalinist sycophancy and Arthurian comedy. Probably not what it says in the dictionary - well done George! :thumbs:

don't think so. but he went in 2003

I went to a Benn talk/public meeting in Bedworth days before he went to Iraq. If I remember properly, there was a sense of how futile it would be, a sort of weary inevitability about his stance. A path well trodden, going through the motions, with more than a hint of self-importance. I dont think he was optimistic about it himself, especially since the war was looking inevitable despite certain pretexts for war coming a cropper.

For me the word indefatigable has no other meanings than the Galloway-Saddam love in and a Monty Python and the Holy Grail song:
A very special word that now has no other connotations than Stalinist sycophancy and Arthurian comedy. Probably not what it says in the dictionary - well done George! :thumbs:

A strange word, in my mind it associates with Lt Col Ian Stanley's adventures on the Fortuna Glacier in 1982. Pickman's model may wish to consult with him as to the best place to site the accommodation blocks up on the glacier.

Can't wait to see which foreign intelligence service Corbyn is an agent of this time.

This is a good demonstration of the difficulty in landing punches on Johnson despite what a calamity prone lying incompetent he is.

Corbyn allegedly met someone who was no one in the 1980s will get front page for days. Johnson actually plays tennis for cash with Putin associates, barely a ripple.

Back
Top Bottom