Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2017 General Election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically that he gave a speech once (edit: at a pro-Palestine event in Trafalgar Square), and that some members of al-Muhajiroun were in the crowd. That is literally the extent of it.

Ta. Not surprised it's that's flimsy. I see the Torygraph have gone with the shocker that he has been monitored by Special Branch.

Click on the twitter link.
Do you mean this?

IMG_1789.JPG

That only confirms the conversation took place. It doesn't say that Dugdale said what Sturgeon says she said. Like I said already, it comes down to taking one person's word for it over another's. It's not very clever to expect the public to take your word for it. What happens if they don't? You end up looking worse than if you hadn't said it. And that's why I think it was an uncharacteristic misstep for Sturgeon.

The lib dem battle bus is in my home town today. It looks a bit dilapidated. Someone has stuck a "I'm voting Labour" sticker on the side.

LYP8Q4t.jpg

Last edited:
Lib Dem leaflet in Bristol NW urging voters to forget the 2015 result and look at 2010 when they came second. "Jeremy Corbyn's divided Labour Party can't win here"
Desperate dishonest cunts

that's fairly contemptuous of the cognitive abilities of our countryfolk, corax.
Sorry if it came across that way. It wasn't meant to be dismissive of Joe Public's abilities or intelligence, but I think it's realistic to recognise that engagement with national socio-political stuff is generally a lot lower than you'd find amongst contributors to a forum like this.

Yep. The prospect of another 5 years of full on neo-liberalism has almost got me to the point of forgetting my core politics, to the point where I'm cheering Corbyn on (and I do desperately want Labour to stop may getting a majority). But ultimately that's the issue, that's what's actually wrong with Corbynism. It hasn't engaged with the disengaged and it hasn't done enough to stop dealing with the world in the way you'd expect any old institutional centre left party to behave. Yes, he's been fire fighting a tidal wave of media hostility and treachery from his own MPs. But ultimately Labour hasn't engaged the disengaged because it hasn't even spoken to them.
What's he meant to do, go full-on Marxist? Can you imagine the field day the press would have with him then?

I'm not buying a replica Corbynista kit yet, but I've yet to see a viable alternative strategy.

What's he meant to do, go full-on Marxist? Can you imagine the field day the press would have with him then?
No. I'm talking about it as it as, a social democratic politics - and the things that would need to have happened for Labour to have had a chance to win. What I'm saying is nothing to do with moving to the left, it's about how Corbyn/Labour/Momentum relate to and engage wit the working class.

I'm not sure I can cope with this election, tomorrow night is going to be fucking harrowing. I felt sick as a dog last time. The thought of having to do that again is too much

Yep. The prospect of another 5 years of full on neo-liberalism has almost got me to the point of forgetting my core politics, to the point where I'm cheering Corbyn on (and I do desperately want Labour to stop may getting a majority). But ultimately that's the issue, that's what's actually wrong with Corbynism. It hasn't engaged with the disengaged and it hasn't done enough to stop dealing with the world in the way you'd expect any old institutional centre left party to behave. Yes, he's been fire fighting a tidal wave of media hostility and treachery from his own MPs. But ultimately Labour hasn't engaged the disengaged because it hasn't even spoken to them.
Hasn't engaged? Are you serious?

The only people that haven't responded are morons like Class War and Ian Bone's sad little crowd

I'm not sure I can cope with this election, tomorrow night is going to be fucking harrowing. I felt sick as a dog last time. The thought of having to do that again is too much

Don't watch it. Simple solution really. Just accept that its going to be a comfortable win for the tories and anything less is bonus.

Hasn't engaged? Are you serious?

The only people that haven't responded are morons like Class War and Ian Bone's sad little crowd
I'm struggling to get anywhere near your logic. You think Class War should have joined in with Corbyn? :confused:

I like these ones.....

A question of values
Can you show me where in the Times report (that you asked me to search out) that it says Dugdale said what Sturgeon claimed she said?

If not, then it's simply a matter of taking one person's word or another's. And no matter how much you hope people take Nicola Sturgeon's, it's unverifiable so they might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom