Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2017 General Election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most remarkable thing is that it is all self inflicted, they were under no pressure at all.

Exactly.

One thing I didn't realise about today was that they launched this manifesto in Gresford (not Wrexham). Who on earth makes a major political event in a village that is still remembered as being the site of a massive disaster, and one that happened under their watch?

Exactly.

One thing I didn't realise about today was that they launched this manifesto in Gresford (not Wrexham). Who on earth makes a major political event in a village that is still remembered as being the site of a massive disaster, and one that happened under their watch?
Now it will be remembered as the site of two disasters

Theresa May/Andrew O'Neil interview at 7pm tonight on BBC.... she has had an appalling day so far, let us hope that continues.... probably the last thing she needs today

Monday: Mayhem (Conservative)
Tuesday: Nuttal (Astronaut and top Premiership Footballer)
Wednesday: Fallon (Lib Dems)
Thursday: Sturgeon (SNP)
Friday Corbyn (Labour)

Theresa May/Andrew O'Neil interview at 7pm tonight on BBC.... she has had an appalling day so far, let us hope that continues.... probably the last thing she needs today

Monday: Mayhem (Conservative)
Tuesday: Nuttal (Astronaut and top Premiership Footballer)
Wednesday: Fallon (Lib Dems)
Thursday: Sturgeon (SNP)
Friday Corbyn (Labour)

Guardian is reporting that she's continuing in that interview to insist nothing has changed, which just looks fucking stupid. Long may that continue. Wish someone would ask about the immigration cap given on her terms social care will be such a struggle to pay for, but that would probably only play well with people who won't vote Tory under any circumstances anyway.

Guardian is reporting that she's continuing in that interview to insist nothing has changed, which just looks fucking stupid. Long may that continue. Wish someone would ask about the immigration cap given on her terms social care will be such a struggle to pay for, but that would probably only play well with people who won't vote Tory under any circumstances anyway.
If nothing changed why the panicked announcement today. How ridiculous.

This is the sort of thing I meant earlier when I was saying that the Tory campaign strategy was very vulnerable. Single point of failure. You base everything around one person and if they start looking like an arse you are in trouble - and you can bet your enemies will exploit any possibility of making that happen. It doesn't help when the person in question is clearly unable to think on their feet and deals badly with pressure.

This is the sort of thing I meant earlier when I was saying that the Tory campaign strategy was very vulnerable. Single point of failure. You base everything around one person and if they start looking like an arse you are in trouble - and you can bet your enemies will exploit any possibility of making that happen. It doesn't help when the person in question is clearly unable to think on their feet and deals badly with pressure.
All that head shaking made her look utterly out of touch with reality. Her pr people will have been very disappointed with her body language.

Don't like the sound of this Corbyn fella. He's trying to "sneak into number ten" by "playing on peoples fears" and "playing politics" Stable Maybot says...

Who is he, some sort of politician? Possibly a party leader engaged in a general election campaign and aspiring to be PM? :hmm:

I know that some people aren't big fans of Eoin, who retweeted this but never mind the source, priceless. :D

The guy does raise an interesting point though which I've seen other people asking and I've been asking myself, namely are the Tories trying to throw the election so that Labour get the blame for whatever Brexit deal finally gets negotiated? Or are they really that incompetent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom