Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2017 General Election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are not trying to throw it. At the top, they are a politically inbred class very short on talent and insight
This is what I am hoping to be the case but the fuckups have been so spectacular that I can't help but wonder is something more Machiavellian is afoot and it would seem that I am not alone in this.

are the Tories trying to throw the election so that Labour get the blame for whatever Brexit deal finally gets negotiated? Or are they really that incompetent?

Think there's a third possibility. That the May team is actually so hopelessly divided that you have a bit of sabotage here, a bit of passive-agression there, a bit of half-heartedness somewhere else, all adding up to a Tory party that does seem to want to throw the election, but not because that is anyone's plan as such.

They still have a lead of ~9-14% with two and bit weeks to go, yes Labour has had a good week or so but it's not particularly surprising that the opposition should at least have some success in a GE campaign. Also, while there's clearly a bias in the press against Corbyn, a "are the Tories faltering" story is right up the presses street, as could be a "May re-steadies the ship" story.

One good thing for Labour if postal ballots are going out about now, people tend to either vote immediately or leave it to the last minute so a strong point for Labour coinciding with the ballots going out would be useful.

Think there's a third possibility. That the May team is actually so hopelessly divided that you have a bit of sabotage here, a bit of passive-agression there, a bit of half-heartedness somewhere else, all adding up to a Tory party that does seem to want to throw the election, but not because that is anyone's plan as such.

Its daft to say they are throwing the election - but she has almost certainly wound a lot of them up the wrong way, and I am sure all manner of knives would be out if she won but not by enough.

They'll end up with another lib dem coalition, May will resign for fucking it up and they'll finally put Boris Johnson on the throne. 'Twas the plan all along.

The Lib Dems are gone. They're sparking derision from everyone I've spoken to, from all sides. From all ages and all classes.

I think they'll drop even more seats. I still think they've a headline spectacular gain somewhere in them, but they'll still end the night down.

There'll be no coalition with them.

Its daft to say they are throwing the election - but she has almost certainly wound a lot of them up the wrong way, and I am sure all manner of knives would be out if she won but not by enough.
George Osborne definitely threw her under a bus this morning at least... the shady bastard! haa ha haa

George Osborne definitely threw her under a bus this morning at least... the shady bastard! haa ha haa

She sacked him. They despise one another. A lot of Tories think, for once rightly, that the dementia tax and immigration cap are idiotic policies she should drop and they are secure enough in the Tory victory to be sniping in public already. Let's hope they're overconfident.

She sacked him. They despise one another. A lot of Tories think, for once rightly, that the dementia tax and immigration cap are idiotic policies she should drop and they are secure enough in the Tory victory to be sniping in public already. Let's hope they're overconfident.
Yeh I remember, it wasn't long ago! It was just amusing how blatant it was, they are like primary school kids socially.

Osbone is smart, whatgever else, he is clever- not Mandelson smart but understands the system, has always been on first name terms with it and is comfortable with being a politician and part of the game. May is a tiresome and mechanistic drone who probably works hard but would never be accepted into the clique really. Someone who supports foxhunting but would be invited to go along with Cameron kinda gal.A real life example of Mitfords U and non U tropes

For my sins I'm watching her Andrew Neil interview...

Why the fuck has she got a massive silver chain round her neck? I mean fine, I try not to clock fashion too much. But it's a massive silver chain.

Also she's trotting out the 'they won't have to worry about it when they're alive' thing again, because elderly people don't give a shit about what happens to their property after they die.

For my sins I'm watching her Andrew Neil interview...

Why the fuck has she got a massive silver chain round her neck? I mean fine, I try not to clock fashion too much. But it's a massive silver chain.
I don't know for the life of me why you give a fuck about her jewelry at a time like this.

I don't know for the life of me why you give a fuck about her jewelry at a time like this.

Mostly first impressions watching while posting and drunk. Also quite visual in instinctive reactions and it just looks fucking weird in terms of symbolic choice. And what she's saying hasn't changed, so I'm just picking up on other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom