Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TfL denied Uber operator license, ride hailing service wins on appeal (Sept 2020)

Thing is under aren't doing anything- it's an algorithm- I imagine it would be fairly hard to write an algorithm that responds quickly to terrorism, real or suspected
Doesn't matter what the reason is. The fact it's an accidental feature of their model that it will put prices up during crisis moments just goes to highlight the shit anti-human nature of this kind of model.

Doesn't matter what the reason is. The fact it's an accidental feature of their model that it will put prices up during crisis moments just goes to highlight the shit anti-human nature of this kind of model.
I agree, my point was just that it's a bit more nuanced than the knee jerk 'uber are cunts'- although that remains of course the case

I don't understand why there's a reason to increase prices regardless of the demand anyway, so basically, the same thing happens when everyone starts coming out the o2/wembley etc?

What a crock of shit.

I don't understand why there's a reason to increase prices regardless of the demand anyway, so basically, the same thing happens when everyone starts coming out the o2/wembley etc?

What a crock of shit.
Yes - this is one of the many ways in which Uber is NOT cheaper than private hire cars, nor even black cabs.

I don't understand why there's a reason to increase prices regardless of the demand anyway (...)

It's to allow the wealthy to jump the queue, a cornerstone of libertarian belief - that having money allows you to trample over the heads of others for services such as transport and healthcare - see also proposals in the past for 'premium' toll lanes on motorways or boarding priority bollocks on airlines. It's 'moral' because obviously you've worked really hard for that money and not just inherited it or gained it through exploitation of others.

What a crock of shit.

I have heard the reason they do it is because otherwise when it is a busy time the cabs would just ignore uber as easier to just pick up fairs (cash in hand) from the street. they found raising the prices at peak times means the cabbies still use uber.

I have heard the reason they do it is because otherwise when it is a busy time the cabs would just ignore uber as easier to just pick up fairs (cash in hand) from the street. they found raising the prices at peak times means the cabbies still use uber.
Uber drivers aren't allowed to pick up from the street and black cab drivers don't work for Uber.

Word on the street is that enough Uber drivers are rushing back to the old companies to guarantee regular surge pricing and plenty of work for all on Uber keeping those drivers who are sticking with it much happier. I guess within a couple of weeks enough passengers will be scared off by regular surging to even it all out again.

Well companies like Addison Lee are having a big recruitment drive now to try and mop up the (fucked) Uber drivers. The reason drivers worked for Uber rather than Addison Lee in the past was they got paid more of the fare.
So Addison Lee make more profit, prices go up and the driver gets less.
A bag o'shite.

Well companies like Addison Lee are having a big recruitment drive now to try and mop up the (fucked) Uber drivers. The reason drivers worked for Uber rather than Addison Lee in the past was they got paid more of the fare.
So Addison Lee make more profit, prices go up and the driver gets less.
A bag o'shite.
And Addison fucking cunting Lee are BIG supporters of the Tory party.

Eh? I've never had an Uber fare that comes even close to the sky high charges of black cabs.
I was recently quoted £14 to get an Uber from my house to East Croydon station. Normally costs just over a fiver. A black cab is usually about £8.

Uber put their prices up when they are busy - that was the point being made in the post to which I was replying.

Uber is officially a cab firm, says court

ECJ declares Uber to be a taxi company and not a technology firm.

This means that Uber has to abide by rules laid down to local taxi companies wherever they operate in the EU. Tfl's contention that Uber is not fit to have a taxi license looks much stronger now.

It's clear that Uber has lied to Tfl, taxi companies can not lie to Tfl and expect to keep their license.

As an aside, remember when Dara Khosrowshahi apoligised to London for Uber's failings and made a solemn promise to get his house in order? Whilst he was saying the words, he knew that Uber's customer database had been hacked, but chose not to inform the customers of the data breach.

What a crock of shit.
Do you complain about variable pricing on coach train plane transport?

Do you complain about variable pricing on coach train plane transport?

Surely everyone has complained/moaned about how complex and ridiculous rail pricing can be, planes when the kids are off.

coach, try not to use, too many smelly people.

But yeah, Suppose we should just take it on the chin.

If they have a private hire drivers licence then Tfl do the DBS check. Not Uber.
Remember John Worberry btw?

Uber has to check the checks have been done, they haven't. And the checks are there to try and stop another cunt like Worberry from prowling the streets.

edit: last Friday night, 15th/16th December was the latest rape & murder committed by an Uber driver.

Uber has to check the checks have been done, they haven't. And the checks are there to try and stop another cunt like Worberry from prowling the streets.
Have Uber let people work who did not have a current private hire licence? Gen question?

Worberry had no criminal record and as there is no record of London Taxi journeys, Taxi's are a danger uniquely and in a league of their own.

Back
Top Bottom