Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2022-23

Robertson was shite, but at least he woke up at 5-1 down and made a slight game of it. Murphy looked pretty good, especially with his long pots.
Yeh, hate that Murphy is through but at least Robertson made a game of it after not showing up.

Can't believe Ronnie is out. Williams played excellently in his first match so I assume he carried that form in to todays game.

I really want the Iranian guy to beak Jack Lisowski tonight. I don't know why, but I really hate him.

The only bit I saw today was I think at 4-2, and Hendry was saying how many loose shots Williams was playing. He obviously got his shit together after that.

I'll put it down as a slip of the tongue, but Bingham's "He was lucky to get zero" last night was a bit wankerish.

I'm glad Lisowski wasn't too down straight after the match this afternoon. That suggests Ebdon's got him thinking properly - it's only a best of 11, and Williams didn't make many if any unforced errors.

A lot of unforced errors this afternoon, from both of them. Trump missed a short straight red by a mile at one point, and Williams' attempt at the double was woeful.

OK, I bailed at 7-7. It was a school night, and I knew I had shitloads to do at work today, so at least three more frames wasn't really viable.

Anyway, the World Grand Prix started today, live on ITV4.

I didn't bail and as usual when i stay up i was not rewarded. I really wanted Williams to win, it was a good final but it just didn't deliver for me in the end :(

I watched the last session of the Masters. Really wanted Williams to win but he ran out of puff at the end, so it was partly the case of the younger man outlasting him. Took on a massive long red in the last frame that most players would have refused and he would probably have refused earlier in the day. He psyched himself up for it because he knew it was basically all or nothing. I think he felt he needed to force the issue at that point. Not necessarily a wrong decision (although it cost him the frame), but an indicator that he was running out of steam.

Right, I've not watched any of the World Grand Prix yet, but I've got the popcorn ready and plan to spend the whole evening in front of it tonight.

Note it seems to have been bumped to ITV3, to make way for darts on 4.

Trump was way off it this afternoon, and Allen was toying with him, playing really defensive stuff. Unless Trump bucks up his ideas it won't be a late one tonight.

Do you think I can get away with having the snooker on at my desk based job, where listening to music and podcasts is the norm?

I can't see why not but it does feel like it would be crossing a line.

Do you think I can get away with having the snooker on at my desk based job, where listening to music and podcasts is the norm?

I can't see why not but it does feel like it would be crossing a line.
On a safety shot from the baulk end it's always important to cross the line.

I bailed at 8-8, because once again I had an early start at work today. Fair play to Allen though, he looked better than Trump throughout what I saw.

Watched the German Masters last week. Nice to see Ali Carter win one. Shame for Tom Ford though.

Looking forward to Welsh Open next week starting on the 13th. It's on Eurosport and BBC Cymru I understand.

Do you know if it'll be available on the Beeb website, for those of us in England?

Dunno - the competition appears on the calendar on the BBC sport website - dunno if that means they'll be covering it on the web, tho.

BBC1 Wales is on SKY 978 on my telly so I assume BBC2 is in there somewhere too. I live in the North West UK so am assuming that they'll cover it on the BBC somewhere that I can get at it.

But we have Eurosport (free) on the SKY package we're on so will get some of it there I imagine, albeit in SD.

Oh - perhaps on the iPlayer too??
Wikipedia says it is on the red button. I remember watching it in the past so that must have been red button. BBC Wales, which means slightly annoying commentators. I know this sounds snobby but the main lineup of the main BBC coverage is by far the best lineup of commentators (plus they have Hazel Irvine, who is the best anchor), and their camera work is also the best.

I caught most of O'Sullivan against Muir, including Ronnie having to get his tip put back on twice. Slightly strangely he said that Paul Collier, a ref, put it back on for him.

Back
Top Bottom