Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Queen meet Martin McGuinness?

Ireland has moved on & the vast amount of us Irish folk won't have a problem with this. It's a very significant gesture and a step forward. I'm no fan of the monarchy but this is a sign of goodwill and bravery on HRH's part. And Martin's too, of course.

How did this thread get to 4 pages without anyone musing on the prospects of prince philip setting the process back 20 years with a single sentence?

so we've moved back to solutions which were pretty much on the table in the 1970s, with the british claim to the six counties even more securely fastened than it was then, with provisional sinn fein doing the crown's dirty work for it... and idiots think it's progress.

There is no appetite in Britain for a claim to the six counties, and has probably never been. It's the claim of the Ulster Loyalists to the right to remain British that has mattered, politically continues to matter and, if violence is not to continue forever forced the requirement for the compromise of which the Queen's meeting with MacGuinness is the happy symbol.

There is no appetite in Britain for a claim to the six counties, and has probably never been. It's the claim of the Ulster Loyalists to the right to remain British that has mattered, politically continues to matter and, if violence is not to continue forever forced the requirement for the compromise of which the Queen's meeting with MacGuinness is the happy symbol.
Yes dear

And that's your reason for thinking it outdated? You thick fuck

I'm celebrating 28 years of marriage today and the party spirits have started to have an influence on me. The party has been going on now all afternoon in the garden and I've only nipped in to watch the France - Spain match. Your tomfoolery is the icing on the cake.

I'm celebrating 28 years of marriage today and the party spirits have started to have an influence on me. The party has been going on now all afternoon in the garden and I've only nipped in to watch the France - Spain match. Your tomfoolery is the icing on the cake.
You pissed bastard

The political landscape has changed for some people since 1916, I'm not sure it has for people like eirigi and like I said, there is no appetite for a united Ireland. They have what, two local councilors?
if this doesn't mean you think they're wrong perhaps you could say what you think you're saying here

Better watch out for zombies nipping at your ankles then.

Certain aspects and labels are discredited and dead, but some key parts of the core are just resting, waiting for rebirth in a different form.

Ireland has been as disaster for the entire 20th centuary it could have been some sort of devomax peaceful semidetachment but tossers on all sides decided blood and freedom was a much better idea :(
Allowing priest ridden stupidity on one side a trade war with your biggest market really seriously ?
And a mini apatheird state refighting the 16th century battles on the other.
The British goverment denied all responsibilty for the resulting carnage and injustice:(

by god you do my head in grit, you aren't thick but you are politically ignorant. Outdated and irrelevant ffs. FT journos aren't afraid of marx, it's cogent and applicable even today. Can you do me a favour and actually read some, think about the nature of value and stop consigning marx to the dustbin- much of what he had to say is now more relevant than ever. I'm not even trying to cunt you off here, just bloody well THINK.

by god you do my head in grit, you aren't thick but you are politically ignorant. Outdated and irrelevant ffs. FT journos aren't afraid of marx, it's cogent and applicable even today. Can you do me a favour and actually read some, think about the nature of value and stop consigning marx to the dustbin- much of what he had to say is now more relevant than ever. I'm not even trying to cunt you off here, just bloody well THINK.

Patronising beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom