Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How Has The Queen Dying Personally Affected You?

I am managing to waste considerable amounts of time reading things about the royal family, which I am not remotely interested in; extra procrastination in bucketloads.
Same, I’m fuming, I’m super anxious because I still don’t know what bills my elderly parents are gonna have to pay, I’ve a ton of work to do and I’m trying to listen to podcasts and every time I flick the TV on it makes me so angry, I’m distracted again. I think I’m getting a migraine, I am that wound up. 🤬🤬

I'm currently working for ITN, and its crashed the media upload / export media hub thingy a couple of times. Had me scrabbling around late last night and early morning today.
Comical amount of Voice over all named 'Charles', clogging up the import bins.

I was also kicked off my remote edit machine three times yesterday because they had double booked it by mistake.

Crazy times.

Vue Cinemas are showing the funeral for free instead of proper films. Was hoping for a film fest on Monday but nope

Oh god, spending Monday in a near-empty cinema catching up on recent releases would have been a great way to spend the day.
Cinemas bit expensive these days to be a regular fascination sadly, back in the day I used to take advantage of the cheap weekday seats (was it Monday or Tuesday? I forget) and see 2 different films back to back, it's been a long time since I did that.

You lot have it easy .. The former Prince Charles's office members at Clarence house (some 100 people) have been served papers that they are under consideration of redundancy.

You lot have it easy .. The former Prince Charles's office members at Clarence house (some 100 people) have been served papers that they are under consideration of redundancy.

I'm sure we've all been there at some point in our lives and sympathise with them wrt job uncertainty.
I wouldn't say I have it easy, I don't have a job and am skint, but of course I feel for anyone who is undergoing that sort of upheaval and worry.

It seems a bit ruthless, so soon after he becomes King.
Especially when everyone else is having to be respectful, missing hospital appointments, government departments not working and he is so grief stricken she isn't cold yet and he's already getting rid of staff!

Especially when everyone else is having to be respectful, missing hospital appointments, government departments not working and he is so grief stricken she isn't cold yet and he's already getting rid of staff!
TBF it was a higher-level flunkey that sent the letter to the staff but I am sure Charles must have known about it.

Must admit, I do think was quite a trooper, carrying on with whatever pointless things she was doing right up til she was pretty much dead.

I don't know whether the sad/angry emoji reactions are sympathising with me, or angry with me and calling me sad?:confused:

On ceefax it says they will be redeployed where possible.

A lot of the people I work with are self employed and have lost two to four days of work with no pay and no warning.

Back
Top Bottom