Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Queen meet Martin McGuinness?

You're the dickhead who thinks he knows more about what's going on there than someone who lives in NI.

I would indeed be a dickhead if I thought that. Or if I thought it about someone else without offering a shred of evidence towards showing it.

The north has never been all over the news. Its too far away from London.

I must have been imagining the last 40 years or so, in that case. There may well have been protests but I reckon to say its been kicking off all over the 6 counties is a bit of an exaggeration...

Believe me, I certainly do. But I think there's a certain amount of hype about the protests?

I don't know, i'm not there. But i'm far more likely going to believe AKA's account over lock&light's owing to the fact it's a first hand report and not pure conjecture.

I don't know, i'm not there. But i'm far more likely going to believe AKA's account over lock&light's owing to the fact it's a first hand report and not pure conjecture.

Ok, well - I shall await some sort of reportage to confirm that it is, indeed, kicking off. And not just wishful thinking by those who see conflict in every nook and cranny.

I must have been imagining the last 40 years or so, in that case. There may well have been protests but I reckon to say its been kicking off all over the 6 counties is a bit of an exaggeration...

They only covered the offical view of the north. You know that one where those silly little paddies are at each others throats and only Britain is doing the decent thing and stepping in and keeping the peace. Only those catholics are a bit uppity, good job our loyal subjects are doing there best to keep that uncontrolable element in its place.

Yeah they coverd that shite, but there are plenty of other news bits they never touched with a barge poll, you know postal strikes, firefighters striles that brought real working class unity to the fore, that stuff was never touched.

They only covered the offical view of the north. You know that one where those silly little paddies are at each others throats and only Britain is doing the decent thing and stepping in and keeping the peace. Only those catholics are a bit uppity, good job our loyal subjects are doing there best to keep that uncontrolable element in its place.

Yeah they coverd that shite, but there are plenty of other news bits they never touched with a barge poll, you know postal strikes, firefighters striles that brought real working class unity to the fore, that stuff was never touched.

Must have been RTE I was watching, in that case.

It must be galling for you to see how most Irish people now realise that such attitudes lead only to death and destruction.
perhaps.. as it goes im sick n tired of people getting buried over our 'situation'
sad thing though, there has never been any liberty from the british state given for free....
:(
btw: kinda weird that a loyalist stabbed a protester @ blackhill in full view of the RUC.... go figure hey?

"Our brave Queen shakes hands with Martin McGuinness despite fears of terrorist attack" headline Daily Express. It a bit much when Presstv and Voice of Russia have better coverage of the north east of Ireland than the UK and Irish corporate media.

"Our brave Queen shakes hands with Martin McGuinness despite fears of terrorist attack" headline Daily Express. It a bit much when Presstv and Voice of Russia have better coverage of the north east of Ireland than the UK and Irish corporate media.

Thankfully the BBC is not the Daily Express.

The Daily Express? Nobody takes that rag seriously, do they?

Michael Longley "Ceasefire"

I
Put in mind of his own father and moved to tears
Achilles took him by the hand and pushed the old king
Gently away, but Priam curled up at his feet and
Wept with him until their sadness filled the buidling.

II
Taking Hector's corpse into his own hands Achilles
Made sure it was washed and, for the old king's sake,
Laid out in uniform, ready for Priam to carry
Wrapped like a present home to Troy at daybreak.

III
When they had eaten together, it pleased them both
To stare at each other's beauty as lovers might,
Achilles built like a god, Priam good-looking still
And full of conversation, who earlier had sighed:

IV
'I get down on my knees and do what must be done
And kiss Achilles' hand, the killer of my son.'

Back
Top Bottom