Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Pleased to hear my MP, the Father of the House Sir Peter Bottomley, will be supporting the report.

The more senior Tories doing that, the more it'll piss off Johnson.

First Tory to speak in support on Johnson, someone called Lia Nici, who you may ask, I certainly did.

It's some thick back bencher, who apparently served as an Assistant Government Whip for about a month from Sept. to Oct. 2022, LOL, that was under Truss, extra LOLs, who can't see any evidence in the report that Johnson lied to the house, what a fuckwit.

First Tory to speak in support on Johnson, someone called Lia Nici, who you may ask, I certainly did.

It's some thick back bencher, who apparently served as an Assistant Government Whip for about a month from Sept. to Oct. 2022, LOL, that was under Truss, extra LOLs, who can't see any evidence in the report that Johnson lied to the house, what a fuckwit.
You call her "thick" but read this and you might need to reappraise your assessment of her intellect? :D

1687195547104.png

Because it's important that parliament, not the government, concludes the matter, as it was parliament that set-up the inquiry.
What is ‘concludes the matter’?

Inquiry has reported it’s findings Johnson has moved to his moated mansion, thing is done. I’d like him to pay back the quarter million of lawyers fees he took from us but that’s not being voted on,

What is ‘concludes the matter’?
What?

The privileges committee only investigates and reports back to the house with its recommendations, it wouldn't be right for just seven members to be the final judge and find a MP guilty, it needs a majority in the house, as the jury, to do that.

What?

The privileges committee only investigates and reports back to the house with its recommendations, it wouldn't be right for just seven members to be the final judge and find a MP guilty, it needs a majority in the house, as the jury, to do that.
I see. Haven’t been following closely, but it’s like a jury saying yes or no is the report correct, do we agree with the facts in it. Or do we not like the facts.
But most of the tories will abstain, unlike a jury? And the consequence now of the outcome of the vote is what, whether he gets a members pass ?
It just looks ridiculous. A waste of time.

I see. Haven’t been following closely, but it’s like a jury saying yes or no is the report correct, but most of the tories will abstain, unlike a jury.

The house acts like a jury in these cases, but it's not the same as a jury in a court.

Plus, whilst they can't suspend him for the 90 days recommended, because he's ran away, they will be voting to take his ex-member pass to the parliamentary estate away, which will piss him off, and make it a little harder for the Tory party to ever allow him to stand for them again.

I see. Haven’t been following closely, but it’s like a jury saying yes or no is the report correct, do we agree with the facts in it. Or do we not like the facts.
But most of the tories will abstain, unlike a jury? And the consequence now of the outcome of the vote is what, whether he gets a members pass ?
It just looks ridiculous. A waste of time.
Not really; Parliament tasked the committee to produce the report, so it is entirely appropriate for Parliament to pass or reject their findings. Certainly no more ridiculous than many of the guff that goes on in Westminster, and anything that causes the vermin more discomfort gets the thumbs-up from me.

It’s not like a jury in a court at all. From what I’ve read It is serving a purpose though which is to demonstrate that he’s got about 5 supporters left, in there, so that’s something I suppose.

I think it just looks extra ridiculous to me right now because haven’t been paying attention for quite a while to what on earth they spend their time on in there, our representatives.

Nicholas Fletcher, another no-mark Tory thick back bencher has declared he's voting against the report, despite Johnson asking his supporters not to do that! :facepalm:

Who you may ask, I certainly did, according to wikipedia apparently he was elected for Don Valley in the 2019 general election.

He is the first Conservative to ever be elected for the seat, and no doubt the last. :D

Back
Top Bottom