Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

You are all going to not want to hug me ever anymore but, it's good isn't it that in the end his own party did for him, unlike the republicans.
Even if they only did it because they finally realised that he wasn't going to win them the next election.

You are all going to not want to hug me ever anymore but, it's good isn't it that in the end his own party did for him, unlike the republicans.
Even if they only did it because they finally realised that he wasn't going to win them the next election.
spose

thinks it funnier that he lasted less that 12 hour after sacking Gove

Historians are usually pessimists, but they're worth listening to i think.

Just like when we went through this sort of hyping up the threat in the dying days of Trump, mainstream perceptions of power matter, they massively affect how much power someone actually has in practice.

Just like that occasion, it is true that we cannot completely exclude the possibility of him trying to pull some stunt. But such eventualities are not the most likely outcome, more likely is that he really has loads less power and wont even be able to do all of the things previously announced (eg channel 4 privatisation is being touted as an example of something that may not now happen).

Even when people whose power has drained away are still surrounded by relatively weak people, the chances are that those people and the system will find it much more easier to restrain the figurehead, will find it easy to stand up to any attempts by the figurehead to make use of power that is not actually available to them any longer.

I've got a vague memory that I had this sort of conversation with you during a particular stage of the end of Trump.

Yes yes. I’m not saying oh no he’s going to get brexit blackshirts and we are doomed. Though admittedly I tend more in that direction, probably have whatever the opposite of normalcy bias is.

The new leader will be the more plausible of Wallace or Tugendhat. The Tory Party will now seek a period of boredom / calm under the booming voice of an ex-army officer, although with the increasingly dire state of the economy and uncertainties in geopolitics, good luck with that.

Truss has spent too much time on instagram and inane self-seeking talking over other people won't work in a leadership contest. Zahawi has far too many skeletons in his closet, Javid is a charmless Randist android and Rishi Sunak's supposed "star" has waned badly in the last six months or so. Plus, he who wields the knife doesn't get to wear the crown.

Penny Mordaunt is being talked up for some reason- not sure why.

And yes, the blustercunt will enjoy making mischief in the three months ahead but for him it's a continuation of how he's played much of the PM role- he gets the trappings of office without actually doing all that much. Good to see he's being allowed to stay on so he can have a wedding party at Chequers. Tone deaf to the last.

Penny Mordaunt is being talked up for some reason- not sure why.

Has been in second place in the sort of polls of conservative members that have put Wallace in first place I think. Which doesnt really tell us much until the MPs have had the chance to narrow the field of candidates.

Has been in second place in the sort of polls of conservative members that have put Wallace in first place I think. Which doesnt really tell us much until the MPs have had the chance to narrow the field of candidates.
the polling artificially narrowed the field of candidates and did loads of head to heads, Morduant came out second on that

Back
Top Bottom