Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

I think it's to do with a political culture centred around personalities, taking it's lead from the wider culture rather than anyone's conscious decision tbh
I guess it works for some. Important events existing within hundreds of pages doesn't sit right with me. Especially if you haven't the time to keep up with these behemoths.

I suspect he's strong-arming Johnson for the job. Doesn't seem much point him going in if he's resigning, might as well do the letter like everyone else.

It’s good for your CV, you can say “I was chancellor of the exchequer in 2022”

Much like I was a Microsoft exchange admin as part of my duties from 2011-2015 when I just filled in for the guy for a week when he went on holiday and nothing happened.

I guess it works for some. Important events existing within hundreds of pages doesn't sit right with me. Especially if you haven't the time to keep up with these behemoths.
Nothing really happens on these threads when there's important stuff going on - it's just people posting stuff they read on the guardian live blog or on twitter and doing the :eek: smiley, with the occasional bad joke. Whatever though, we're all just killing time.

It’s good for your CV, you can say “I was chancellor of the exchequer in 2022”

Much like I was a Microsoft exchange admin as part of my duties from 2011-2015 when I just filled in for the guy for a week when he went on holiday and nothing happened.

Chris Leslie made a career* out of being "former Shadow Chancellor" in much the same circumstances.

* this is perhaps a stretch

These mega threads are shit btw. Totally killed the boards. Who thought this shit up?
Think the days of seperate threads are for the old days of the Internet. These "mega threads" are like Twitter, the influence of social media has fed into forums.

I mean...

avp-poster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom