Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

The latest claim from Downing Street is that Johnson had forgot about being briefed on the 2019 case. :D

As if you would forget something so serious, especially when new allegations are made, that would jog the memory.

Vicki Young on the BBC live updates page:

It’s not been difficult since partygate to find Conservative MPs willing to criticise Boris Johnson but his response to the Chris Pincher allegations is prompting another wave of unhappiness.

Even some of those who’ve been previously loyal are struggling to defend the evolving lines emerging from No 10. A cabinet minister suggests there’s a certain “arrogance” at the top which makes them think they can “slide their way out of anything”.

A minister tells me the “rot remains in No 10” and several MPs say the “mood has hardened against the prime minister over the weekend.”

It certainly feels like anger is building again, as it did before the vote of confidence.

Mr Johnson promised a new team to sort out problems after partygate, but as one former cabinet minister put it: “It’s not the team that’s the issue, it’s the team leader.”

13:46 entry on https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62048657

The latest claim from Downing Street is that Johnson had forgot about being briefed on the 2019 case. :D

As if you would forget something so serious, especially when new allegations are made, that would jog the memory.
How hell can you forget something like that or has chose to forget?

He is less likely to have genuinely forgotten this one due to it fitting in with his humour via 'pincher by name, pincher by nature' shit.

Which papers had that edict from the top that Johnson should go now?
The fucking Mail.

But signs are still mixed because Hodges was already one of those who wrote the critical article in the Mail on Sunday last weekend, so the sentiments in his most recent tweet are not completely new from that particular Mail staffer.

The Mail and Mail on Sunday editors hated each other as I seem to recall from Private Eye.

I believe we were told a good while back that the days of the Sunday and weekday editions taking very different stances were going to come to an end. However that may have been when Dacre was still due to be moving on to a cushy regulatory job, and so the landscape may have shifted further back in the old direction once his job prospects changed again and he returned more fully to the daily impale group. I've not kept up with this shit properly. I said yesterday I'd keep an eye open for signs of the weekly edition shifting its stance towards Johnson but I'm already regretting having to pay attention to their shit. And I neednt bother really, if the shift happens in full then it will be very obvious and much commented on by others, as the attention paid to that Hodges tweet earlier already shows.

It's getting ridiculous now. How long until they trot out a version of the "dog ate my homework" excuse?

I wonder what the result would have been if that VoNC had been delayed a few weeks until now...

Back
Top Bottom