Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

No offence FW but based on what?

He's delivered a very good majority, the Tories have a very healthy lead in the polls, ok Johnson's personal favourability has dropped a bit but that's the usual for PMs. While there's criticism of the government I'd say more is directed at Williamson than Johnson.

And I suspect that Johnson that is still pretty popular with key voting groups.

He's been basically absent for most of this year and the times he's been around he's basically just been on TV talking nonsense. I have also heard some backbench MPs are pretty pissed off with Cummings for a variety of reasons.

Theresa May was also fairly popular with the public but it didn't save her in the end.

There are Tory headteachers, anyway, and if its an academy the owner could invite him, so it's not like he wouldn't be able to find a school where some of the SLT actively wanted him there.
But there will probably always be schools where some of the SLT don't. Or some of the pupils. And, from here on in, someone is going to have to very carefully go through every aspect of the photo op to make sure someone hasn't done something similar. Which they won't have, because they'll have thought of something different next time. Every public appearance could end up being overshadowed - as this one surely has - by the mischief, or just potential for mischief, such an unpopular leader is going to have to endure.

But there will probably always be schools where some of the SLT don't. Or some of the pupils. And, from here on in, someone is going to have to very carefully go through every aspect of the photo op to make sure someone hasn't done something similar. Which they won't have, because they'll have thought of something different next time. Every public appearance could end up being overshadowed - as this one surely has - by the mischief, or just potential for mischief, such an unpopular leader is going to have to endure.
he should speak in front of a whiteboard on which some clever student has written a rude epigram about him in latin

ooh, you cruel person, gettin' me 'opes up like that.....

He's been basically absent for most of this year and the times he's been around he's basically just been on TV talking nonsense. I have also heard some backbench MPs are pretty pissed off with Cummings for a variety of reasons.
Maybe, but I'm not sure that's harming him, that's allowed him to play messes off onto other members of the cabinet - like Williamson.
Theresa May was also fairly popular with the public but it didn't save her in the end.
Not after the 2018 GE. Her popularity tanked and never really recovered.

Sure, but there isn't a world where agreement isn't given. He's the prime minister.
See where you're coming from; maybe it's me being naive in thinking that there might be Headteachers etc. out there with enough integrity or courage to decline the opportunity to host such overtly party political events.
Maybe I'm just a bit out of touch?

Of course there will always be members of the staff and pupils who don't want him there. I wasn't arguing otherwise. :confused:

Sorry for the link but allowable I think in a story of such national importance (although I can't hear it myself)

Is it my hearing? I didn't hear 'arsehole' there? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom