Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Why doesn't the very existence of the House of Lords elicit wider anger from the population at large? I understand how people have convinced themselves of the virtues of the monarchy, but the HoL is so nakedly corrupt.

I needed to comment on this in the other (Claire Fox) thread just now.
It's 100% impossible to justify the institution :mad:, and almost-impossible to justify Labour (or any) peers being there, but I had a half-hearted attack of pragmatism (or realpolitik?) on the Labour peers bit :oops: -- see other thread.

I needed to comment on this in the other (Claire Fox) thread just now.
It's 100% impossible to justify the institution :mad:, and almost-impossible to justify Labour (or any) peers being there, but I had a half-hearted attack of pragmatism (or realpolitik?) on the Labour peers bit :oops: -- see other thread.

I remember reading somewhere that the Houses of Parliament are the largest national legislature in any country that purports to be a democracy, and second only to China if all countries are included. The fact that well over half of their members are almost totally unaccountable, and with those that are it's via FPTP, says a lot.

Back
Top Bottom