Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

looks like a baby groot is climbing from the bridge of johnson's nose

41iWEt8NM0L._SX466_.jpg

Tbh raising NI threshold is good, subject to it not meaning low earners aren't getting stamp paid. Obviously the real piss take is that from threshold up to 50k it's a 12% tax then cunts on more than that only pay 2%. Just call it a tax because it is and switch those rates around.

Tbh raising NI threshold is good, subject to it not meaning low earners aren't getting stamp paid. Obviously the real piss take is that from threshold up to 50k it's a 12% tax then cunts on more than that only pay 2%. Just call it a tax because it is and switch those rates around.

TBF it's drops by 10% at around £50k, because income tax goes up by 20% at that point.

I think a 10% hike at £50k is more than reasonable, I am more concerned that it only goes up another 5% at £150k.
More than reasonable my arse. Should be at least another 20%. They still get the first 50k taxed at the same rate as the rest of us. 50k is more than me and my partner earn between us, both working full time even though we've got a one year old because we can't afford not to. They can fucking afford it. Make them pay for our childcare.

Agree with your second point though, at 150k it should go up to 95%, 75% at 100k and they should be grateful they're not having the lot taken off them.

I think a 10% hike at £50k is more than reasonable, I am more concerned that it only goes up another 5% at £150k.
That’s not really true. There is a loss of the tax free allowance between 100 and 120 (I think), which makes it a bit more complicated. There are also other pension tax changes that kick in at 150, which could be worth nothing or (as is the case with the doctors who now don’t want to do overtime) be worth a large amount.

Anyway, the point is: not enough tax. Best to stick to that rather than the specifics.

Corporation tax is the really undercharged tax item, though.

That’s not really true. There is a loss of the tax free allowance between 100 and 120 (I think), which makes it a bit more complicated. There are also other pension tax changes that kick in at 150, which could be worth nothing or (as is the case with the doctors who now don’t want to do overtime) be worth a large amount.

Anyway, the point is: not enough tax. Best to stick to that rather than the specifics.

Corporation tax is the really undercharged tax item, though.

Yeah personal allowance wiped out after 125k and then tapered allowance on pensions after 150k. Still though, losing 2.5k on first 12.5k not the worst thing in the world when you're pulling in 6.5k net a month and anyway most people pulling that sort of money aren't doing it through paye anyway

I remember some time ago posting something pretty thoughtless about workers used a photo backdrops for tory campaigning and seventh bullet put me straight and, since then, I've always tried think through the dynamics & pressures that lead to these situations.

That said, the workers of Wilton Engineering Services in Middlesbrough pictured yesterday at Johnson's hi-viz photo op holding/standing with this placard might well find themselves on the cover of any soon to be published tomes on false consciousness.

upload_2019-11-21_10-28-50.png

Last edited:
There's a difference between recognising not only what we share but also the very real divisions based on lived experience, as well as the contradictory outlooks of people in the varying strata of the working class (and you know, maybe seeing opportunities within it for intra-class dialogue and action), and just seeing someone usually at the shittest end of it and unconsciously or otherwise blurting out your prejudices about people 'not like you,' based on appearance, occupation, assumed educational level etc. Something the left gets wrong again and again.

There's a difference between recognising not only what we share but also the very real divisions based on lived experience, as well as the contradictory outlooks of people in the varying strata of the working class (and you know, maybe seeing opportunities within it for intra-class dialogue and action), and just seeing someone usually at the shittest end of it and unconsciously or otherwise blurting out your prejudices about people 'not like you,' based on appearance, occupation, assumed educational level etc. Something the left gets wrong again and again.
Something has certainly gone badly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom