Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage has called for Canada geese to be deported. Yesterday, he raised calls for Canadian Geese that have been landing on his lawn to be deported. Speaking yesterday, he said " These things are not from this country. They have been flying over our borders and are feeding on English lawns. They need deporting. " He said " they are marching around on my garden like Nazis. " When asked the geese denied any link to extreme right-wing politics. In a statement today he said that " My grandfather didnt fly Spitfires so that these pond birds could take the piss ".

I've just been reminded of this 2016 article where Farridge has lunch with Henry Mance of the FT - during which time six pints of ale, a bottle of claret and two glasses of port were consumed. Even if Mance were pacing him (and he admits he's already in stag party territory at three pints) that's some serious toping. It's a regular thing for Farage.
Never mind what an utter shit he is.

Lunch with the FT: Nigel Farage​

‘I am what I am,’ says the Ukip leader over six pints, a bottle of wine and two glasses of port
Paywall busted

I've just been reminded of this 2016 article where Farridge has lunch with Henry Mance of the FT - during which time six pints of ale, a bottle of claret and two glasses of port were consumed. Even if Mance were pacing him (and he admits he's already in stag party territory at three pints) that's some serious toping. It's a regular thing for Farage.
Never mind what an utter shit he is.

Paywall busted
Is that just Farage or the two of them?

Is that just Farage or the two of them?
It's not clear. Mance had three pints but I don't know what else he drank. I reckon even if he was keeping pace with Farage (he says he tries to, implying he doesn't) then Farage has a problem. It says in the article that Farage's father was an alcoholic. It was fairly normal in City banking and trading circles until about late 70s.

From the article:
Farage orders the house speciality — stewed cheese — for both of us, and picks a bottle of wine. For me, this is now entering stag-party territory; for him, it’s little more than holy communion. “The thing we used to drink here was port,” he says. “We’d all go back to work, all crimson. That’s just what we did! No one cared. I don’t drink port at all now, ever.”
What happened in the afternoons? “Chaos. Extraordinary. I remember once there was a really big cock-up . . . I remember the boss saying, ‘So when did this happen?’ ‘Half-past four yesterday afternoon.’ ‘Oh well, there we are then.’ The boss accepted this!”

Farage is now in a spat with Mick Lynch (I doubt Mick gives a fuck) and has invited him for a beer on his show , claiming that he got on well with Bob Crow , & claiming Bob knew how many of the RMT voted for Brexit. Which is remarkable given that Bob died in 2014 , way before the referendum was part of the Tory Manifesto in 2015 , and the actual referendum in 2016.

Farage is now in a spat with Mick Lynch (I doubt Mick gives a fuck) and has invited him for a beer on his show , claiming that he got on well with Bob Crow , & claiming Bob knew how many of the RMT voted for Brexit. Which is remarkable given that Bob died in 2014 , way before the referendum was part of the Tory Manifesto in 2015 , and the actual referendum in 2016.
farage frequents seances

Man I wish Bob Crow and Tony Benn we’re still alive during the Brexit campaign. Would have made things so much more interesting.

Maybe even Corbyn would have grown some hair on his balls and spoken his mind in favour of leaving. Oh well 🙁

Saw a brief clip yesterday? when Mick Lynch asks the GB news fella if Farage is there then says if he is I don't want to talk to him and then asks if there are any normal press about

Farage got it massively wrong in his support for Brexit, he clearly believed that he would have a major role in a post-Brexit UK, In reality he has become a minor talk show host with an audience size that would be embarrassing for a pub comedian.
The best thing for him personally would have been a Remain vote so he could continue to draw his MEP salary and campaign for Brexit safe in the knowledge it would never happen.

That will be down to this, which I posted on the GB News thread this morning.

Boris, infamously, wrote two 750-word articles in favour of Remain and Leave. Like Farage he could have played the cards very differently. History will not allow us to observe that alternative reality.

Yeeees, but also:

Exit Europe from the left | Bob Crow

So I kinda see where Farage is coming from, although he is obviously lying (naturally, its what he does).
Quite liked that article, was useful for explaining to centrist types that the left aren't all fans on the EU.

It's been really weirdly photoshopped. I guess they found a photo of Farage reclining and wanted to incorporate an anchor to make the joke, but got carried away with themselves.

Back
Top Bottom