Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nigel Farage

Running for London mayor
For his own vanity project "Reclaim", and I'm sorry, but with Farage's "Reform" around at the same time, "Reclaim and Reform" sounds like the English translation of something dreamt up by discredited Prussian psychologists in the 1930s which led to the invasion of the Sudetenland. Coincidentally enough.

For his own vanity project "Reclaim", and I'm sorry, but with Farage's "Reform" around at the same time, "Reclaim and Reform" sounds like the English translation of something dreamt up by discredited Prussian psychologists in the 1930s which led to the invasion of the Sudetenland. Coincidentally enough.

Made me think of that Cardigans song; Erase and Rewind...

His career is toast
Well yes....but he achieved what he wanted. That's the frustrating, annoying thing. He wanted Brexit. He engineered the Conservative Party away from being middle-ground Anglican bastards to right-wing Trumpian bastards, secured a legacy, and now can retire happy. Like so many of his wealth and influence, the consequences will never touch him. (Fox, too, a likely protégé, is comfortable enough to follow the same path of extreme anti-everything, reaping the personal rewards and damning the rest of us.)

I wonder what the actual reason he decided to step down now is.

Probably the same reason he's 'stepped down/out of politics' other times before when it wasn't earning him enough wedge and a profile. I dare say the bad fascist penny will show up again soon enough.

Well yes....but he achieved what he wanted. That's the frustrating, annoying thing. He wanted Brexit. He engineered the Conservative Party away from being middle-ground Anglican bastards to right-wing Trumpian bastards, secured a legacy, and now can retire happy. Like so many of his wealth and influence, the consequences will never touch him. (Fox, too, a likely protégé, is comfortable enough to follow the same path of extreme anti-everything, reaping the personal rewards and damning the rest of us.)
the most successful politician of his generation
:grrrr:

I am going to follow Farrago's example and put £10,000 on Sheffield United to win the Premier League.

Time to post this again, Farage being interviewed outside The Bell Inn, Bath (a pub co-operative I'm a member of) . He had been kicked out for politicking inside , this happened in 2014, but I think the hand gesture of the man entering the pub towards the end of the clip is still valid & relevant today. A crowdfund later raised about £400 to buy Gesture Man a pint.

Probably the same reason he's 'stepped down/out of politics' other times before when it wasn't earning him enough wedge and a profile. I dare say the bad fascist penny will show up again soon enough.
He'll have newspaper columns, podcasts, the like. And he knows there are tonnes of post-UKIP, post-Brexit splinters out there doing his work.

Apart from maybe Screaming Lord Sutch, has anyone ever put so much into politics with so little result as Farage?
I hate the guy, I really do, but he achieved Brexit, so I don't think we can characterise him as someone who had little result. He didn't become an MP, but he did change the direction of British history.

Back
Top Bottom