Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Massive worldwide IT outage, hitting banks, airlines, supermarkets, broadcasters, etc. [19th July 2024]

I say this as someone with a neurological condition that results in me failing to take the sensible precaution all the fucking time, but sweet christ on a biscuit I honestly think this is one of my most violent day-to-day frustrations with humanity.
Well we're all ND in my family, we forget things ALL the fucking time, but when it comes to stuff like this, when you know it's shonky as hell, you sort it, surely, yet many IT depts don't. yes of course it'll happen again. And again.

The nhs app is currently borked. You can log in but most of the options give errors. (Didn't actually need to use it. Was just curious. First app or website i've tried today that doesn't work for me).

The new normal

Widespread technology outage disrupts flights, banks, media outlets and companies around the world​

Commuters in NYC and DC should get ready for a difficult, disrupted journey due to the global IT outage​

this IT outrage news had clearly not reach my local co-op yet as the lady on the checkout was not aware of the problems

this IT outrage news had clearly not reach my local co-op yet as the lady on the checkout was not aware of the problems

Weird i had an email from the co-op about their card system down earlier followed by another one saying they'd fixed it. Although maybe her shift only just started.

Back
Top Bottom