Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

A bin went AWOL from Worthing, and is now a garden feature in Germany. :D

After a six month journey at sea, the bin displaying the Worthing crest ended up at the island home of Frerk Richter.

It was discovered by Herr Richter who lives on Borkum, a small island and popular tourist destination in the Leer District in north west Germany.

He contacted Worthing Borough Council to share news of the bin’s epic voyage.

Bit disappointed there's no one pointing at it, in the picture, clearly the Germans don't understand how things work over here. :(

1m.jpg

It has now taken up permanent residency on the island, having been transformed into a plant holder in Herr Richter’s garden. He said: “I cleaned the bin with a pressure washer and it now looks great.

“I then put it in our garden, put a plant in it and my daughter finished it off by adding a birdhouse to the top.”

It looks rank. It's just a bin with a plant pot stuffed in it. And that post in front of it just looks like a bollard nicked from the side of the road.

A MEMBER of the public rang police after spotting what they thought was cannabis on the road.
Officers from North Yorkshire Police's Bedale Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) were dispatched to a report of "possible herbal cannabis" in the middle of the A6055, near Pickhill.
It was on Monday, June 8. They managed to find the plant matter and cleared it from the scene. An officer confirmed it was actually curly kale.

EapsNlGU0AAXMRQ

Sad to say that's just a couple of miles from me and we are also having Custodian of the Notice Board wars. I've never seen anybody reading them either. It's an indies v Labour spat shown in all its pettiness right there.

A violent male who entered the water at Thorness earlier this morning (Friday) was eventually detained by Police after he was scared out of the sea by a large fish.

Back
Top Bottom