Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Live itv debate feedback

Starmer is doing so badly.. How can anyone do so badly against the joke of a person sunak? Fuck me, our politics is a joke

Starmer is doing so badly.. How can anyone do so badly against the joke of a person sunak? Fuck me, our politics is a joke

We appear to be watching a different debate. The audience was openly laughing at Sunak when he got his numbers totally wrong. And applauding Starmer far more than Sunak.

Sunak has raised more laughs

In all the wrong ways..

The next question is about what the parties would do for young people.

Starmer says he wants to see people have more educational opportunties.

But he would not make young people join some “teenage Dad’s Army”, he says.

Sunak says he thinks his plan will be transformative for young people.

That prompts some audience laughter.

Sunak was better than expected. Starmer really has to address the Rayner issue once they're in power. He dodged Sunak's barb about that but surely it can't go on.

These things need to be canned. They are only there for people who already know all the lines that will be deployed but have a geeky interest in how the punch and judy delivery might land with any morons who are watching by accident. Pointless import from America that came just as the whole concept of collective national scheduled telly was thankfully dying off.

These things need to be canned. They are only there for people who already know all the lines that will be deployed but have a geeky interest in how the punch and judy delivery might play out for any morons who are watching by accident.

Well there were certain things that came out of it. Sunak finally confirmed he would bring us out of the ECHR if they blocked the planes again and Starmer refused to say he'd raise taxes, pretty much confirming he will. But I've no idea why Sunak wanted six of these things. That was more than enough thanks.

I think I've made it quite clear that I'm a political nerd. That debate was utter twaddle.

Structurally ridiculous, with an ineffective moderator in Julie Etchingham, it was doomed from the first restricted answer format. To try and force either man into one word answers was purile.

The polls will move by a gnat's labia after that. At most.

Starmer really has to address the Rayner issue once they're in power. He dodged Sunak's barb about that but surely it can't go on.
What's the Rayner issue (I didn't watch it)? Presumably not about her council house as that's settled now.

These things need to be canned. They are only there for people who already know all the lines that will be deployed but have a geeky interest in how the punch and judy delivery might land with any morons who are watching by accident. Pointless import from America that came just as the whole concept of collective national scheduled telly was thankfully dying off.
The purpose of these debates is to land a killer soundbite that cuts through and goes viral.

They are not theatre in the way PMQs may be

Back
Top Bottom