Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

This is so good. I showed a load of L&H to my kids a bit ago, mildly concerned it wouldn't hit, but they absolutely loved it, just like I did (and my own parents and grandparents before me). You need to put the work in to enjoy a lot of old films (cf. Citizen Kane) but it seems Laurel & Hardy will be a joy forever.

Opera can fuck off too. Not opera music, some of which is fantastic. But operas as a genre. I think I just don't like stories being interupted by or primarily delivered through the medium of song.

Yes, particularly so.

Probably.

I mean I haven't seen it but similarly, I don't need to eat all varieties to decide offal is not something I generally like.
That's just bonkers. I rue the day the last UCP restaurant closed. Mind you, some tripe enthusiast in Italy has recently republished their tripe and cowheel recipe book. It's definitely worth investigating.
http://www.unitedcattleproducts.co.uk/

Eta: apologies to the comrade veggies and vegans :(

Eta: apologies to the comrade veggies and vegans :(

I'd have thought veggies and vegans would like the idea of meat eaters killing fewer animals to obtain the equivalent nutrition. ;)

Never tried tripe - I've heard it doesn't taste of much by itself. My tastes in offal are fairly restricted and mainstream.

An
What :D

I dislike substances with x properties.

Oh but you must try all substances with x properties before deciding you eschew them by default.

No one does that.
What "X properties" are you talking about? Liver, tripe and kidney are all different. Liking or not liking two of them doesn't tell you about the third.

I will advocate the banning of them if it winds up Raheem a bit more.
Ok...yeah fuck it. We're gonna ban them unless you can make a really convincing argument otherwise. But I fear they may be rather more comfortable telling others how to minimise their views than revealing their own full force of emotion or view on any subject.

What :D

I dislike substances with x properties.

Oh but you must try all substances with x properties before deciding you eschew them by default.

No one does that.

This is extremely silly.

edit: I'll elaborate, mostly out of boredom...

Your reasoning is presumably thus:

I like animal muscle tissue
I have tried some kinds of animal non-muscle tissue.
I didn't like them.
Therefore animal non-muscle tissue is not for me.

Unless you view animals as being composed of muscle and "other generic stuff", this reasoning is clearly absurd.
Either your logic is broken, or your understanding of basic biology.

Last edited:
Quite like a good musical. Here's some

Sunshine on Leith
The Book of Mormon
Once
The Commitments
The Wizard of Oz
The Sound of Music
Guava Island
London Road
Moulin Rouge

Back