Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

I'd forgotten about that one. I can now say without doubt or ambiguity that I do not hate all musicals.

I remember loving it as a kid, but haven't watched it in over 4 decades.
Also loved the Jungle Book (which has been mentioned before and I don't know for sure whether it really qualifies as a musical).
Saw the Blues Brothers when I was about 40 - does that literally count as a musical?

An
What "X properties" are you talking about? Liver, tripe and kidney are all different. Liking or not liking two of them doesn't tell you about the third.
This is extremely silly.

edit: I'll elaborate, mostly out of boredom...

Your reasoning is presumably thus:

I like animal muscle tissue
I have tried some kinds of animal non-muscle tissue.
I didn't like them.
Therefore animal non-muscle tissue is not for me.

Unless you view animals as being composed of muscle and "other generic stuff", this reasoning is clearly absurd.
Either your logic is broken, or your understanding of basic biology.

You people are mad.

You have no category of thing you dislike until having sampled all forms of that category.

Day 462, today diary it it is green mush type A492B/2, which can be found under some of the benches but only the wooden ones at the front of the park.

mmm
:(

You people are mad.

You have no category of thing you dislike until having sampled all forms of that category.

It's do with understanding the limitations of categories. Especially binary categories superimposed onto diverse sets.
You wouldn't say, "I don't like carrots, so I'm solely subsisting on alcoholic beverages from now on".

It's do with understanding the limitations of categories. Especially binary categories superimposed onto diverse sets.
You wouldn't say, "I don't like carrots, so I'm solely subsisting on alcoholic beverages from now on".

Musicals are a category though. Otherwise someone should tell IMDB their all wrong.

Musicals are a category though. Otherwise someone should tell IMDB their all wrong.

I was talking about the offal thing - I've had a few. :D

Though 'musicals' is a slightly leaky category.
The musical episode of Buffy was amazing.

No, but you might say I'm gonna avoid carrots ta.

I haven't heard all U2 songs, so I can't say for sure that I dislike all U2 songs. I can say that it's more likely than not that I do, and I can also say that I can't be arsed finding out.

I haven't heard all U2 songs, so I can't say for sure that I dislike all U2 songs. I can say that it's more likely than not that I do, and I can also say that I can't be arsed finding out.

I've heard that from people who have then commented on liking a song before knowing it was a U2 song.
Although it's fair to say that it's reasonable not to seek them out on the off chance.

I watched The Wizard of Oz pretty much every Saturday morning between the ages of 4 and 14, sometimes more than once and maybe Sunday too.
My dad (reasonably) early adopted the VHS, taped stuff off the telly and taught me to use it so they could have a lie in.
Just felt the need to share.

This is beginning to remind me of that guy who ate a bag of mushrooms and tried to watch the most recent re-working of CATS!

(he didn't have a good time, but his review of the experience is pure "peak internet")
Oh god...that's me high watching Ian Curtis. Fuckin ell. Like I know, the world is fucked but your well spoken appraisal of the zeitgeist is now the literal narration of every depressive episode I endure. Ta.

Back
Top Bottom