Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

I've just stuck Joy Division on and aside from the dulcet tones you're def onto something.
Sorry, I saw Joy Division twice, once as Warsaw and the other as JD (in front of an audience of about 15 people). The first time was tragedy, the second farce. I have to say, they were probably the worst band I've ever seen. But looking on the bright side, at least Birchall wasn't there :thumbs:

P&P goes all knobbing and sobbing. :thumbs:

Well maybe not strictly knobbing and sobbing but you know what I mean.

Midsommar was a big disappointment

I have mixed feelings about it. It's interesting and spectacular but the Hårga were too weird and violent to be an attractive prospect. I'd rather be dancing round the Summer Isle maypole than the Hålsingland maypole. I think the Wicker Man is very interesting in that the protagonist is less likable than the antagonists and it's ultimately about the horror of the (fictional pagan) institution itself. For that reason the various lookalike films don't quite hold up to it. Also tunes.

II think the Wicker Man is very interesting in that the protagonist is less likable than the antagonists

Sgt Howie is a much better human being than his lying, murderous, superstitious, foreluck-tugging opponents.

Midsommar was a big disappointment

Some interesting visuals. Too much obviously dodgy shit happening though, you don't get that escalating sense of wrongness at all they just show you a scene that screams 'these people are all insane' right in your face.

Quality modern musical films

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Hairspray - teh John Waters one
Dancer in the Dark - Bjork thing

Opera is painful to my ears, but then I went once and it was great

Back
Top Bottom