Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

I've never watched les mis, or listened to any of the songs but I've always assumed it's terrible based purely on the kind of people who were really into les mis when I was a teenager.
Nor have I. The only song from it I know of is I Dreamed A Dream, which I only heard because Susan Boyle did it in that audition that was everywhere. I didn’t even know it was from Les Mis until the film came out and I was able to put two and two together.

When the film came out was the first I knew there was a musical of the book.

Are you miffed because I didn't respond to one of your posts? I promise you it wasn't a deliberate snub. I was probably doing something else and the discussion moved on.
My sincere apologies raheem, I was not feeling myself yesterday and then I added alcohol. I behaved strangely and badly and feel ashamed. I don't know what I was on about I was spiky I think cos I don't like being told what to do :oops:

Personal Attacks
- someone with the same skin colour and ethnic heritage may play cricket and vote tory and laugh along with racist comments they occasionally experience and not experience the hostility of a practicing muslim who has a beard and wears robes to mosque, for example.

Every POC of course, should run around like your girlfriend, searching for reasons to play the race card at the drop of a hat. That's far more helpful.

muslims are a minority in the UK and experience discrimination in a variety of ways here, potentially including by military intervention of ancestral homelands depending on heritage. yes skin colour is a key defining factor, but skin colour as a factor intersects with many other variables - someone with the same skin colour and ethnic heritage may play cricket and vote tory and laugh along with racist comments they occasionally experience and not experience the hostility of a practicing muslim who has a beard and wears robes to mosque, for example.

Of course Islam shouldnt be left off the hook, thats what i was saying. I was making the point that a bit of sensitivity is needed so its not misconstrued as part of all the other oppressive attacks muslims might experience here in blighty.
Military intervention of ancestral homelands a strange phrase. Does it mean UK residents of saudi heritage experience discrimination when sa invades say Yemen? Did you mean in instead?

Every POC of course, should run around like your girlfriend, searching for reasons to play the race card at the drop of a hat. That's far more helpful.

I have reported this post. You need to keep my fucking life and relationships out of your vile mouth. Your obsession with attacking me is beyond what is reasonable. I care about racism. I don't see it everywhere nor do I go looking for it. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike you any more you remind me what a vicious and nasty piece of work you can be. I am sick of it. Well done attention achieved. Gold star for you.

Last edited:
I have reported this post. You need to keep my fucking life and relationships out of you vile mouth. Your obsession with attacking me is beyond what is reasonable. I care about racism. I don't see it everywhere nor do I go looking for it. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike you any more you remind me what a vicious and nasty piece of work you can be. I am sick of it. Well done attention achieved. Gold star for you.
You need to sort Ska out then. If he keeps making his little digs regarding disagreements you and I have had I'm going to respond.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom