Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

And when he doesn't lose his job after all, then what? A "witch-hunt"?

How many witch hunts are going to be alleged on this thread? Hari smears people with no regard for the truth and the people who point this out are the witch hunters:rolleyes:.

At this rate our 'witch hunt' is in danger of turning into a martyrdom cult with Johann cast as Jesus.

I actually enjoyed some of his columns on the rare occasion that I read the Indy.

Like this quote "When I hear people ranting about chavs, I want to lock them on a council estate with £100 a week and three kids" (see how easy it is to quote, Johann?) from this article suggests his heart is in the right place. Which was quickly negated by his bizarre support of the Iraq war.

But that article you quote from is full of exaggeration to say the least.

As for homophobia, who is the latest chav icon - the Queen of the council estates - but Nadia Alamada, Big Brother's transsexual winner?

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...ari/who-are-you-to-laugh-at-chavs-532046.html

There's so much ludicrous untruths it's unreal:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...wo-sides-of-islam-go-head-to-head-852358.html

Apparently

The 9/11 hijackers went to a strip-bar and got drunk before staging their cry for the construction of a Caliphate that would kill them for doing just that.

Also the people who wrote down the Quran synthesising several separate written sources were illiterate.

Alex believes that Islam offers Absolute Judgements, immutably cast in stone in the Koran. These are (of course) hellishly patriarchal, since they were formulated by illiterate desert merchants in the seventh century AD.

hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari

How many witch hunts are going to be alleged on this thread? Hari smears people with no regard for the truth and the people who point this out are the witch hunters:rolleyes:.

At this rate our 'witch hunt' is in danger of turning into a martyrdom cult with Johann cast as Jesus.

I was exactly not alleging a witch-hunt. I think Hari deserves not to be a journo anymore. But then I think that about many journalists.

Has anybody posted up this ridiculous hatchet job up yet? It could hardly be more inaccurate if he tried:

http://www.newstatesman.com/film/2007/04/slavoj-zizek-intellectual

At some level, Zizek knows this is preposterous; he lived under Soviet tyranny, and even joined the opposition.

Sadly, no.

1101550606_400.jpg

hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
hari; hari, hari
krishna hari, hari, hari
hari; hari, hari

He plagiarised for our sins.

My mum used to dress up as Marshal Tito as a kid.

She now claims that any photographs of these incidents were later lost. . .

But that article you quote from is full of exaggeration to say the least.

I'm not defending him or his exaggerations and untruths. But that article suggests he isn't as virulently anti-working class as the rest of the mainstream media's commentators which is why I enjoyed it.

I'm not defending him. But that article suggests he isn't as virulently anti-working class as the rest of the mainstream media which is why I enjoyed it.

Any enjoyment for me is ruined by his completely anti-working class approach to his work as a defender of the working-class in print.

That Zizek piece has his usual hodge podge of quotes and written word misquoted:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...ook_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA

Zizek gets the year right 1953, Hari misquotes him as 1956 - perhaps trying to link Brecht and Zizek to the repression of Hungary.

He calls Lacan 'incomprehensible' twice, as if Hari's failure to understand someone's ideas is in itself a critique. He has a double first from Cambridge, I'd love to see some of the work he submitted.

I'm not defending him or his exaggerations and untruths. But that article suggests he isn't as virulently anti-working class as the rest of the mainstream media's commentators which is why I enjoyed it.

He lives in a big house in Hampstead. His interest are not the interests of the working class.

He lives in a big house in Hampstead. His interest are not the interests of the working class.

Lolz

How many mainstream media pundits don't live in big posh houses? I didn't say he was working class or that his interests lie there. have another read.

Back
Top Bottom