Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

why is the fact that there are 'far worse' a reason for hari to escape public opprobrium?
It's a witch hunt. No, feck it - it's mass hysteria. He's fucked up, sure - and he deserves condemnation for bringing the art of journalism into disrepute. But this... this fucking glee from certain quarters... it's just as depressing and ugly.

Greenslade does nowhere imply that Hari is ill or otherwise not compos mentis. On the contrary.
If you were defending someone, due to you being worried that were being hounded to suicide "Leave him alone, he's mental" is probably not the best public gambit

It's a witch hunt. No, feck it - it's mass hysteria. He's fucked up, sure - and he deserves condemnation for bringing the art of journalism into disrepute. But this... this fucking glee from certain quarters... it's just as depressing and ugly.
i don't see a witch hunt, i see genuine outrage at such unprofessionalism and the fact that he's being allowed to get away with it
so you don't agree that he should be finished as a journalist for what he did?

What did he do that brought the art of journalism into disrepute?

i don't see a witch hunt, i see genuine outrage at such unprofessionalism and the fact that he's being allowed to get away with it
so you don't agree that he should be finished as a journalist for what he did?

Fine; discipline him and get him to write for Viz. Whatever. He shouldn't be finished as a human being, though.

I wonder, if Littlejohn had some underage incest fantasy that he went to the bother of writing about if the call could be that fantasies are theirs alone? Stop mentioning it? Someone else? A 'chav'?

what's that supposed to mean? has anyone called for his public hanging?
But you've already said he is seriously ill, (something I entirely agree with), I'd give him his 4 months to regain his focus, and if he does go back to the Indy, start up again.

I am the epitome of reason. Just because someone posts to the contrary of someone else does not mean it's all coming from their mind. Someone may just have different views. No need for animosity.
no animosity here. just surprised at the defence of the indefensible re hari and your peculiar characterisation of other posters as being part of some mob/jury.

This thread is too big for you to fuck up houby
I have merely offered my opinions on the matter. You are the one who manages to muck up threads. I realise my presence on any thread offends you; the answer is quite simple. Stick me on ignore.

I'd love to stay on topic, so perhaps you could return the favour and do the same?

What punishment would be suitable for JH, in your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom