Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel in coordinated missile attacks on Gaza

Was giving Gaza back to the Palestinians, part of the cleansing process?
When did that happen. It's borders are totally under the control of the IDF and navy. The IAF operates at will carrying out targetted assassination.

By your logic the Ghettoes of WW2 were havens of freedoms

The Hamas television station, Al Aksa, is harsher. It praises suicide bombing and holy war until Palestine is free of Jewish control. Its videos praise fighters and rocket-launching teams; its broadcasts insult the Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas for talking to Israel and the United States; its children's programs praise "martyrdom," teach the perfidy of the Jews and the need to end Israeli occupation of Palestinian land, meaning any part of the state of Israel.

Such incitement against Israel and Jews was supposed to be banned under the 1993 Oslo accords and the 2003 "road map" to peace. While the Palestinian Authority under Fatah has made significant, if imperfect, efforts to end incitement, Hamas, no party to those agreements, feels no such restraint.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/31/mideast/hamas.php

I see. The road to reparation, to compromise, to agreement, is to launch rockets into the territory of the adversary, thus inflaming fear and anger amongst the population there.
If I stole your house, terrorised your family and made you live in a 1m square wire compound in the back garden is it you who should compromise?

If I stole your house, terrorised your family and made you live in a 1m square wire compound in the back garden is it you who should compromise?

Well, given that the guy in the house is twice as big as me, and has big guns etc, I might think twice about throwing rocks through his windows as some sort of negotiation gambit.

Well, given that the guy in the house is twice as big as me, and has big guns etc, I might think twice about throwing rocks through his windows as some sort of negotiation gambit.
You shouldn't project your gutlessness and lack of desire for justice onto others

I guess in the end, whether or not you throw rocks, and continue with violence, depends on what it is that you want.

And thanks to the Hamas Charter, we know what it is that Hamas wants.

Without you throwing your rocks at his house, you would probably starve. He doesn't care - he wants you out. How would you attempt to start negotiations with him?

Like the post WW2 jews who emigrated to Israel, you mean?
That's an example. We may understand it. But it doesn't make it right.

Bear in mind also tho that the main Zionist architects of the ethnic cleansing against Palestinians had been nowhere near Europe for years, decades even. Jabotinsky, Ben Gurion, Weitz, Allon etc had been in Palestine for years.

And thanks to the Hamas Charter, we know what it is that Hamas wants.
Sorry, that's just bullshit.

Meshal: Hamas backs Palestinian state in '67 borders

By Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz Correspondent

April 05, 2008

Hamas supports the united Palestinian position calling for the establishment of a fully sovereign Palestinian state within the 1967 borders, including Jerusalem, and the right of return for refugees,

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/970807.html

Same goes for Hamas and their hatred, then.
Well, no.

The Holocaust. Done by Germans to Jews. Who do Jews attack? A bunch of peasants 2,000 miles away.

The ethnic cleansing of Palestine. Done by Jews to Palestinians. Who do the Palestinians attack? The people that are doing it to them.

Massive difference

Sorry, that's just bullshit.

Meshal: Hamas backs Palestinian state in '67 borders

By Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz Correspondent

April 05, 2008

Hamas supports the united Palestinian position calling for the establishment of a fully sovereign Palestinian state within the 1967 borders, including Jerusalem, and the right of return for refugees,

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/970807.html

Too bad Meshal doesn't speak for Hamas anymore.

The group's overseas leadership, headed by Khaled Meshal, has been losing control, while the power held by the Islamic group's young activists in Gaza has grown. Members of the group's military wing have infiltrated its "politburo" in Gaza and have seized authority from senior officials who were considered to be relative pragmatists. Officials like Razi Hamed and Ahmed Yousef have been sidelined. Nowadays, Hamas officials are more likely to march to the tune of the military wing, which instigated the violent takeover of Gaza from the Palestinian Authority in June 2007.

New members of Hamas' leadership who are not part of the military wing are also far from providing a moderating influence. Nizar Riyan, for instance, has seen his power increase because of his extremism and his hatred for the PA leadership in the West Bank.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1024765.html

Back
Top Bottom