Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

International Cricket

Over in 2 days. Aus win by 6 wickets. 35-4, top scorer Smith with 6. Wides got 15. Rabada took all 4.
I watched the first session of that match live. The pitch was pretty much indistinguishable from the rest of the square. Odd decision to prepare a greentop like that. Nortje appears to have fired down 3 x 5 wides. If he'd kept bowling straight, SA might have won!

The fact they felt the need to demand such an extreme wicket shows weakness. SA may have high quality bowlers but the rest of the team is piss weak. If Australia feel the need to cook the books at home against that weak opposition they must be bricking it at the thought of the Stokes juggernaut.

Who'd have thought that the player of the tournament at the T20 world cup would be in demand for a T20 franchise tournament.

Oh in demand yes. But that in demand?

Yes he took quite a few wickets. He bowls at the death when tailenders are slogging.

And i'm actually surprised Root sold at all.

Anyone know of a stream for the Boxing Day test? Not sure I fancy good ole ozzie boy commentary on the wireless tonight.

Anyone know of a stream for the Boxing Day test? Not sure I fancy good ole ozzie boy commentary on the wireless tonight.

Yeh, there ya go. Go for the Willow link today.

Quite funny watching Warner leading the side out for his 100th match or something with the team letting him do so. They apparently loathe him as much as everyone else.

Last edited:
He really is the most unlikeable cricketer in world cricket I think. Even Kohli's antics can be kinda charming in their own right. This guy has no redeeming characteristics.

Just tuned in, the Aussie game's over for the day but the Pak/NZ one is on. Good to see they're still rocking the beautifully awkward toothpaste and tea parties on the sidelines.

I've got absolutely nothing else to do so watching this Pak/NZ game. It's a perfect advert for Bazball. It's gonna be 450 plays 450 in the first innings at 3 runs an over and a slow meandering draw. Same pitch as England played on.

Dull, dull, dull.

I've got absolutely nothing else to do so watching this Pak/NZ game. It's a perfect advert for Bazball. It's gonna be 450 plays 450 in the first innings at 3 runs an over and a slow meandering draw. Same pitch as England played on.

Dull, dull, dull.

Yep, other teams, certainly not NZ, aren't learning anything from England - or even trying to. Case in point, NZ were closing in on a lead towards close of play today and instead of trying to move the game along (trying to win) they instead shut up shop (trying not to lose). The result? 16/2 off the last 10 overs of play.

Pathetic.

Yep, other teams, certainly not NZ, aren't learning anything from England - or even trying to. Case in point, NZ were closing in on a lead towards close of play today and instead of trying to move the game along (trying to win) they instead shut up shop (trying not to lose). The result? 16/2 off the last 10 overs of play.

Pathetic.

What from I did see of it, they had no problem dealing with Abrar at least. They all seemed to be reading him. No idea why the English guys couldn't.

I hope they have a think overnight and put the foot down tomorrow. Fuck it, nothing to lose right.

One of the best things I've ever seen on TV though is Waqar Younis and Simon Doull in the comms box competing with each other to throw a KFC bucket on their heads in one go to win some free chicken. I thought Gower promoting a leg fuelled washing machine on the sideline was the nadir but no, this tops it.

Bit harsh. Blundell was out playing an expansive shot. Bracewell wasn't in long. Sodhi blocked out the last four overs. NZ have still scored at 3.2 per over, and now have a lead that they can build on tomorrow. Yes, New England would have gone into Night Hawk mode in this situation, but I'm not sure NZ's approach is so awful. After all, a draw after losing the toss as the away side isn't a bad result in the normal world, and they have the advantage with two days left.

Bit harsh. Blundell was out playing an expansive shot. Bracewell wasn't in long. Sodhi blocked out the last four overs. NZ have still scored at 3.2 per over, and now have a lead that they can build on tomorrow. Yes, New England would have gone into Night Hawk mode in this situation, but I'm not sure NZ's approach is so awful. After all, a draw after losing the toss as the away side isn't a bad result in the normal world, and they have the advantage with two days left.

No, it's not awful. It's probably more an indictment on the Pakistani groundsmen. England's approach of smashing 300 odd runs all out in no time in order to give them time to take 20 wickets on a road seems the only way around this. Weren't the PCB actually fined over this?

NZ ground their way to a lead of 180 and have left Pakistan with an awkward period to bat out on a 5th day pitch to save the match.

It may well be a draw, but NZ haven't played this badly. They made sure they can't lose and gave themselves a stab at winning.

Australia absolutely smashing SA this series, England thrashing everyone else. Gonna be a tasty ashes. The two best sides in the world, can't remember the last time that happened.

Crazy that it's highly unlikely England will qualify for the Test Championship final or whatever it's called given they only started winning 9 matches ago.

What from I did see of it, they had no problem dealing with Abrar at least. They all seemed to be reading him. No idea why the English guys couldn't.
Well that's the thing about debutantes. NZ will have had a stack of footage to watch and review.

Not unlikely. Impossible. England are out of the wtc. One win in 17 pre stokes did for that.

SA can't bat. Elgar has lost form. Bavuma is gritty but only gives you half centuries. Petersen is good but injured. And you can forget about the rest of them.

Both SA and WI have been embarrassingly bad, as England were last season. Even Aus fans must be hoping for opposition to turn up some time.

Well that's the thing about debutantes. NZ will have had a stack of footage to watch and review.

Reading a googly shouldn't be rocket science to an elite player. They did a fairly comprehensive breakdown on the Sky feed of how it comes out of his hand, he doesn't even disguise it particularly well.

Back
Top Bottom