Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

International Cricket

He was due to miss the last two tests anyway on paternity leave. But yes, hopefully he does feel like an idiot. And I'm not too sorry to see him go, even if players in their prime quitting test cricket in a huff is a worrying development. Speaking of which, the returning Olivier looked a shadow of his former self. He's a medium pacer nowadays, and not a particularly penetrative one. Jansen looks a real find, though. As does Petersen.

QDK doesn't seem like the smartest player out there based on interviews I've seen with him. But I guess you can't begrudge him sticking to T20. He's just had his first child so I assume wants to line his nest and not go on 3 months tours.

A twat for not taking the knee or for having the temerity to focus on his family's financial security? Test cricket doesn't pay well unless you're as talented the likes of the mighty Jack Leach on a massive central contract, and get to travel with all your kids and the family dog.

A shame, but inevitable. One of the great entertainers of modern cricket. I'd love to see Rishabh Pant take up the reins next. He's equally impetuous. Maybe too early though.

Therre's something going on between Kohli and BCCI. That interview before the SA tour was quite damning.

The era of Rohit Sharma next.

A twat for not taking the knee or for having the temerity to focus on his family's financial security? Test cricket doesn't pay well unless you're as talented the likes of the mighty Jack Leach on a massive central contract, and get to travel with all your kids and the family dog.
A twat for refusing to play in order not to take the knee, absofuckinglutely. King Twat.

That's just bollocks about financial security. He's played in the IPL for years. Thus far he has pocketed 2.5 million quid from the IPL alone. He's already a very rich young man.

Really good end to the Indian tour of S.Africa, S.A wrapping up the ODIs 3-0 with a victory by just four runs. Game could have gone either way at several times and it was a fitting end to a competitive, skilful, enjoyable series and tour. Miles better than watching England.

Watching this final NZ/SA test.

I'm fairly sure Neil Wagner is my favourite player, ever. He's fucking nuts. But really sweet in interviews, after he's just tried to maim the opposition or smash them into the Tasman depending on which innings he's in.

Marco Jansen has taken 28 wickets in his first 5 tests (at an average of 20). Those tests were against India (3) and New Zealand (2), the WTC finalists. Jansen is 21 years old.

There's the future of fast bowling.

SA have fast bowlers coming out of their ears again, for sure. Jansen, Rabada, Ngidi, and Nortje was missing from this series. Jansen's still growing ffs! :D

SA have some batters coming through as well. Petersen was missing from this series. He's very good. Despite everything, they keep finding players.

Good series, shame it was only two matches. NZ will be very disappointed by their performance, though, I think. They let the SA lower order get away from them in both innings. Was a chance to record their first ever series win over SA and to go top of the test rankings.

Watching this final NZ/SA test.

I'm fairly sure Neil Wagner is my favourite player, ever. He's fucking nuts. But really sweet in interviews, after he's just tried to maim the opposition or smash them into the Tasman depending on which innings he's in.
It shouldn't work. He's not tall. He's not fast. Banging it in half way down the pitch ought not to be a great tactic. But it does work, through sheer force of will as much as anything. He's been doing it for too long now for it not to be just extremely good. Averages 26, more than 4 wickets a match and he never gets anywhere near the new ball.

Yes, and the veins popping out of his head when he takes a wicket are a sight to behold.

A shame NZ went down but I guess they were missing Williamson and obvs. Taylor.

Jansen look like he's gonna be brilliant. He was even getting the full short treatment and verbals from Wagner and just faced him down. Love it.

It shouldn't work. He's not tall. He's not fast. Banging it in half way down the pitch ought not to be a great tactic. But it does work, through sheer force of will as much as anything. He's been doing it for too long now for it not to be just extremely good. Averages 26, more than 4 wickets a match and he never gets anywhere near the new ball.

That actually is crazy. 26 is not a bad average, I think that might be at least on a par with the big two in that side? And he should definitely be coming in to bat higher than he does from what I saw in that match, he's got great technique.

Just the 175 not out and 9-87 in the match for Jadeja against Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile there's a bowler's death match going on in Rawalpindi as after 3 days the combined scores of Pakistan and Australia add up to 747-6. Wouldn't bother with that one.

Sir Viv Richards: West Indies legend reflects on his career and influence on his 70th birthday

article-2145692-1323E041000005DC-743_634x381.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

70 not out !

Some rule changes on the way:

1. To 'mankad' no longer to be deemed bad form. About time, imo. That law-not-law has long been ridiculous. There may be a few furious batters for a little bit while the new sentiment beds in.

2. Batters no longer able to 'cross' with a caught dismissal. I don't like that one so much. Sometimes a tailender has achieved something by managing to hit it in the air - at least they crossed. No biggie, though.

3. Wides. If the batter moves around, anywhere they have stood at any point is now fair game for the bowler to treat as where they can bowl to. Good change, that one.

MCC moves to de-stigmatise non-striker run-outs in latest Law updates

(Urgh...HATE to write this as I'm practically BEGGING the mockers here...But...)

The Pakistan vs Australia scorecard....Surely not.... :hmm: :eek:Pakistan v Australia - Cricket - BBC Sport

Read about the 2001 Eden Gardens Test as it was referenced in the Aussie avoiding a follow on, surely history can't repeat itself?

Hah! As I write this, Shafique goes :( Sorry Pakistan

They saved it :cool: Epic comeback from the first innings :thumbs:

Swepson finishes with 0-156 off 53.4 overs :D Obvs will get a 10fer in the next Ashes, but still...

Did their best to chuck it away. Rizwan going for his ton right at the end there. :D:facepalm:

Fair play, though, to survive 172 overs. I did not agree with Aus not enforcing the follow on. If you're only 230, 250 ahead, then fair enough - that's the only way you'll lose. But Aus were 406 ahead and Pakistan had just been skittled. I'm pretty sure I know which decision Pakistan were the happier with.

(Urgh...HATE to write this as I'm practically BEGGING the mockers here...But...)

The Pakistan vs Australia scorecard....Surely not.... :hmm: :eek:Pakistan v Australia - Cricket - BBC Sport

Read about the 2001 Eden Gardens Test as it was referenced in the Aussie avoiding a follow on, surely history can't repeat itself?

Hah! As I write this, Shafique goes :( Sorry Pakistan
I think I'm right in saying that Aus are the only team who have lost after enforcing the follow-on (twice). But still 406 ahead!

Slightly odd declaration by Cummins in Lahore. Aus may well still win, but a draw is looking unlikely and a Pakistan win is very possible. Why not bat another five overs so that you can set attacking fields?

Spinners taking the new ball to save the quicks for reverse swing. Old ball is the danger in these conditions.

Great win for Aus in Pakistan. Hate to say it, but Aus are on the up under Cummins. The revelation of Payne's unfortunate indiscretions did them a huge favour.

And that's how you bowl to a number 11, Windies. Full, fast and straight.

The IPL starts in an hour. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but it's a lot of fun. And a whole lot classier than the fucking Hundred. Think it's on Sky.

Watching the IPL at the moment. I can't understand why Lockie Ferguson can't get a game for his country. He's hitting 150k regularly and averaging 145. The young indian batsmen have no answer. Surely there's room for him. It's truly electrifying to watch.

And on that point, does anyone know why Mark Wood isnt playing in this tournament? Sheer pace is invaluable.

Back
Top Bottom